The Denver Nuggets (0-1) will be 7-point favorites at home in game two of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs when they take on the San Antonio Spurs (1-0). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208 points and it will air on NBATV at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Denver Nuggets ATS Odds
In game one, DeRozan led the Spurs to a 101-96 win. He registered a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds. San Antonio covered as a 5.5-point underdog and the two teams combined for 197 points, which was under the projected point total of 210. San Antonio made seven of their 15 three pointers (46.7 percent). Denver was, meanwhile, 6-28 (21.4 percent).
A little over half of the Spurs’ games have finished over the total. San Antonio holds records of 49-34 straight up (SU) and 44-37-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Nuggets’ 83 games, 48 have finished under the total. Further, Denver is 54-29 SU and 42-41 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Denver currently ranks 25th in possessions per game (100.2) and San Antonio is 27th (100.1).
San Antonio Spurs vs. Denver Nuggets ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets rank 20th in points off turnovers per game (15.6) while the Spurs rank last (14.0).
- Denver ranks first in second chance points per game (15.6) while San Antonio ranks 27th (11.5).
- The Nuggets rank second in assists per game (27.3) while the Spurs rank 18th in assists allowed per game (24.7).
- Denver ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (31.3) while San Antonio ranks last (25.1).
- San Antonio ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Denver ranks 14th (5.0).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in points in the paint per game (52.1) while the Spurs rank 29th (43.1).
- The Nuggets rank 15th in fast break points per game (12.4) while the Spurs rank 28th (10.3).
- Denver ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (42.5) while San Antonio ranks sixth (43.9).
- Denver ranks 12th in steals per game (7.7) while San Antonio ranks 29th (6.1).
- Denver is 25-2 when they allow under 100 points, while San Antonio is 17-3.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Nuggets are 50-20 and the Spurs are 48-22.
- Denver is 25-17 ATS at home, while San Antonio is 20-20-2 ATS on the road.
- Of the Spurs’ 42 road games, they have 25 overs and 17 unders.
- Of the Nuggets’ 42 home games, they have 23 unders and 19 overs.
- The Spurs are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Nuggets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, San Antonio has 4 unders and 1 over, while Denver has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 106.4 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.0 points per game (8.8 below their season average).
- The Nuggets have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Denver has defeated opponents by an average of 3.8 points.