The San Antonio Spurs (22-11), the leagues top scoring defense, will take on the Sacramento Kings (11-20) at Golden 1 Center. San Antonio opened as an 8-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 196 points. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Sacramento Kings Odds Preview
In the Spurs last game, they fell to the Utah Jazz, 100-89. San Antonio’s Kawhi Leonard put together a solid game, putting up 10 points and five rebounds. One of Utah’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 20-24 (83.3 percent), while the Spurs were just 11-16 (68.8 percent).
The Kings will look to keep it rolling after topping the Brooklyn Nets in their last contest, 104-99. Sacramento was lifted by George Hill, who was the games high scorer with 22 points on 7-for-9 shooting. The Kings had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 21.2) and held the Nets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.476 (below the 0.544 mark opponents have averaged against Sacramento this season).
The inefficient offense of Sacramento (30th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 99.7) will face off against the top-notch defense of San Antonio (third in the league with a defensive efficiency of 102.0). The Spurs should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Of San Antonio’s 33 games, 19 have finished under the projected point total, while 16 of Sacramento’s 31 games have finished under the projected point total. The Spurs have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (22-11 vs. 11-20) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (16-15-2 vs. 14-14-3).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Spurs won all four games played against each other last season. In the last contest, San Antonio won 118-102. The Spurs played a flawless game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 5.7 and a free throw rate of 0.241. For those same stats, the Kings put up marks of 10.8 and 0.157, respectively.
San Antonio Spurs at Sacramento Kings Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
- The Spurs rank 16th in fast break points per game (10.2) while the Kings rank 25th (8.3).
- San Antonio ranks 20th in points off turnovers per game (15.7) while Sacramento ranks 26th (15.1).
- San Antonio ranks 19th in assists per game (22.0) while Sacramento ranks 28th (20.5).
- On the road, San Antonio is 5-10-1 ATS with 12 unders, 3 overs and 1 push.
- Sacramento is 7-5 ATS at home with 7 unders and 5 overs.
- Sacramento is 6-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while San Antonio is 14-5.
- The Spurs are 15-1 when they reach the century mark, while the Kings are 7-4.
- The Kings rank 11th in steals per game (8.2) while the Spurs rank 17th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- San Antonio ranks second in blocks per game (5.8) while Sacramento ranks 21st (4.4).
- The Spurs rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (26.8) while the Kings rank 26th (31.5).
- The Spurs average 13.4 second chance points per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Kings rank 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.1).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.6) while Sacramento ranks 27th (40.0).
- Sacramento is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, San Antonio is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 8.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 99.6 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 100.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average).