The San Antonio Spurs (27-14) and the Sacramento Kings (13-25), who both like to play slow, will square off at Golden 1 Center. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
San Antonio Spurs at Sacramento Kings ATS Preview
The Spurs lost a close one to the Portland Trail Blazers in their last matchup, 111-110. San Antonio’s LaMarcus Aldridge put together a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 30 points on 12-for-21 shooting. Portland had a turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 12.8). San Antonio, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (19-26; 73.1 percent).
The last time the Kings played, they beat the Denver Nuggets, 106-98. Willie Cauley-Stein played well for Sacramento, putting up 17 points and seven steals. Sacramento’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Denver. The Kings had a rate of 8.1 (better than their season average of 12.9), while the Nuggets posted a mark of 22.7 (above their season average of 13.5).
The inefficient offense of Sacramento (30th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 101.0) will battle against the top-notch defense of San Antonio (second in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 102.2). The Spurs should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Of San Antonio’s 40 games that accepted bets, 23 have finished under the projected point total, while 19 of Sacramento’s 38 games have finished over the O/U total. The Spurs come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 27-14 SU and 21-17-2 ATS, while the Kings are 13-25 SU and 16-19-3 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 207 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 195.5. The Spurs won 108-99, covering as 6.5-point favorites. The Spurs played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.102 and a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.9. The Kings were 0.081 and 9.9, respectively, for those same stats. Aldridge put up a double-double in the victory with 29 points and 10 rebounds.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Sacramento Kings Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
- The Kings rank 10th in steals per game (8.0) while the Spurs rank 17th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- San Antonio ranks 23rd in fast break points per game (9.6) while Sacramento ranks 25th (8.9).
- San Antonio ranks 20th in assists per game (21.9) while Sacramento ranks 26th (20.8).
- San Antonio is 7-12-1 ATS on the road with 14 unders, 5 overs and 1 push.
- Sacramento is 9-9 ATS at home with 9 overs and 9 unders.
- Sacramento is 8-2 when they allow under 100 points, while San Antonio is 18-6.
- When reaching 100 points, the Spurs are 20-3 and the Kings are 9-6.
- The Spurs average 13.2 second chance points per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Kings rank 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.2).
- San Antonio ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.1) while Sacramento ranks 28th (31.3).
- The Spurs rank third in blocks per game (5.5) while the Kings rank 24th (4.2).
- San Antonio ranks 11th in rebounds per game (44.5) while Sacramento ranks 27th (40.1).
- Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, San Antonio is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Kings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, down from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 99.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average).