The Memphis Grizzlies (7-13), who are currently on a nine-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they challenge the San Antonio Spurs (14-7) at FedExForum. San Antonio is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 193.5 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
San Antonio Spurs at Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 199 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 194.5. The Spurs won 104-95, covering as 9-point favorites. The Spurs played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.5 and a great free throw rate of 0.267. For those same stats, the Grizzlies were 16.8 and 0.182, respectively. Aldridge was the games leading scorer with 41 points.
Memphis might have a tough time putting up points as they battle against one of the NBA’s best defenses. San Antonio currently ranks fourth in defensive efficiency while the Grizzlies rank 24th in offensive efficiency.
Games featuring these teams tend to finish under the O/U total. San Antonio games have gone under 57.1 percent of the time, while Memphis games have gone under 65.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Spurs have a significant advantage. They are 14-7 SU and 10-9-2 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 7-13 SU and 6-13-1 ATS.
Kyle Anderson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for San Antonio, averaging 12.2 points, 5.8 rebounds, 5.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Memphis Grizzlies Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank fifth in fast break points per game (14.4) while the Spurs rank 19th (9.2).
- Memphis ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.9) while San Antonio ranks 11th (7.7).
- Memphis ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.0) while San Antonio ranks 14th (17.3).
- Memphis averages 44.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. San Antonio ranks 16th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.3).
- On the road, San Antonio is 2-6-1 ATS with 7 unders and 2 overs.
- At home, Memphis is 3-8 ATS with 9 unders and 2 overs.
- San Antonio is 9-3 when they allow under 100 points, while Memphis is 5-2.
- The Grizzlies are 4-3 when they score above 100 points, while the Spurs are 11-0.
- The Spurs rank third in three pointers allowed per game (25.7) while the Grizzlies rank 14th (28.8).
- San Antonio averages 6.0 blocks per game, which ranks second in the league. Memphis ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- The Spurs rank seventh in second chance points per game (13.7) while the Grizzlies rank 26th (8.8).
- The Grizzlies rank fourth in assists allowed per game (20.1) while the Spurs rank 10th (22.0).
- San Antonio ranks 12th in rebounds per game (44.8) while Memphis ranks 28th (39.5).
- Memphis is 0-4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, San Antonio is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 102.2 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 96.2 points per game (2.2 below their season average).