The Los Angeles Clippers (41-36), 1-point underdogs, will have their hands full against the league’s top scoring defense when they challenge the San Antonio Spurs (45-32) at Staples Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210 points and it can be seen on TNT at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Clippers were beaten by the Indiana Pacers, 111-104, while the Spurs were victorious over the Houston Rockets, 100-83.
San Antonio played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.531 (above their season average of 0.508) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.0 (below their season average of 23.8). Houston was 0.383 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats. Los Angeles, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.567 vs. 0.552). Tobias Harris played a key role for Los Angeles with 21 points and seven assists. San Antonio was lifted by LaMarcus Aldridge, who had 23 points and 14 rebounds.
A focal point for the Los Angeles offense is getting to the free throw line. The Clippers rank fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.222), but San Antonio is among the best in the NBA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking second by yielding a FTA rate of 0.168).
Of the Spurs’ 77 games, 42 have finished under the total. San Antonio holds records of 45-32 straight up (SU) and 40-33-4 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of San Antonio, a little over half of Clippers games have finished over the O/U total. Additionally, Los Angeles is 41-36 SU and 41-35-1 ATS.
In their two matchups this season, the Spurs have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 200 points, just over the projected point total of 199.5. San Antonio won 109-91, covering as a 12-point favorite. San Antonio made good use of their 25 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 20 of them (80.0 percent). Los Angeles, meanwhile, was just 8-16 (50.0 percent). Aldridge scored a game-high 19 points.
San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Clippers Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
- The Spurs average 22.8 assists per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. The Clippers rank 21st in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- San Antonio ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while Los Angeles ranks 25th (5.5).
- The Spurs rank 17th in fast break points allowed per game (12.1) while the Clippers rank last (15.4).
- San Antonio ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (7.7) while Los Angeles ranks 25th (8.5).
- Los Angeles ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while San Antonio ranks 27th (24.1).
- The Clippers rank third in points in the paint per game (51.6) while the Spurs rank 19th (43.7).
- The Spurs rank eighth in rebounds per game (44.4) while the Clippers rank 18th in rebounds allowed per game (43.7).
- San Antonio ranks 15th in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while Los Angeles ranks 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.2).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in second chance points per game (13.1) while Los Angeles ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- San Antonio is 31-10 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Los Angeles is 13-2.
- The Clippers are 39-24 when they score more than 100 points, while the Spurs are 35-12.
- Los Angeles is 17-20 ATS at home, while San Antonio is 15-20-3 ATS on the road.
- Of the Spurs’ 38 road games, they have 22 unders, 15 overs and 1 push.
- Of the Clippers’ 37 home games, they have 21 overs, 15 unders and 1 push.
- In their last five games, San Antonio and Los Angeles are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Spurs have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Clippers have 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Spurs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 106.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (4.6 below their season average).