The Golden State Warriors (42-13), the leagues top scoring team, will take on the San Antonio Spurs (35-21) at ORACLE Arena. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ABC.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors Free Preview
In the Spurs last contest, they had no trouble getting past the Phoenix Suns, 129-81. LaMarcus Aldridge was the games high scorer with 23 points on 10-for-14 shooting. San Antonio dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.226 (above their season average of 0.183) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.581 (above their season average of 0.509). Phoenix was 0.124 and 0.356, respectively, for those same stats.
The Warriors hope to maintain momentum after dismantling the Dallas Mavericks in their last contest, 121-103. Golden State was lifted by Kevin Durant, who was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Golden State played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 21.4) and a free throw rate of 0.193 (below their season average of 0.201). Dallas was 23.3 and 0.151, respectively, for those same stats.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Golden State takes on the elite defense of San Antonio. The Warriors rank first in offensive efficiency, while the Spurs are second in defensive efficiency.
Dejounte Murray has been playing at a high level over the last five games for San Antonio, averaging 9.6 rebounds, 8.0 points and 4.6 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 204 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 220. The Warriors won 112-92, covering as 8.5-point favorites. Golden State’s 0.602 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over San Antonio, who had a mark of 0.431. Durant was a standout player in the game, producing 24 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Over
- The Spurs rank 11th in second chance points allowed per game (11.6) while the Warriors rank 27th (13.7).
- San Antonio ranks 18th in steals allowed per game (7.9) while Golden State ranks 29th (9.1).
- San Antonio ranks 12th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.8) while Golden State ranks 26th (18.7).
- San Antonio is 11-14-3 ATS on the road, while Golden State is 10-15-2 ATS at home.
- Of the Spurs’ 28 road games, they have 18 unders, 9 overs and 1 push.
- The Warriors have 14 overs and 13 unders in 27 home games.
- San Antonio is 23-10 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Golden State is 11-2.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Warriors are 39-9 and the Spurs are 28-4.
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (30.4) while the Spurs rank 15th (22.6).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (20.7) while San Antonio ranks 22nd (9.8).
- The Spurs rank sixth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.9) while the Warriors rank 26th (47.4).
- The Warriors rank first in blocks per game (7.9) while the Spurs rank third (5.5).
- Golden State ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (29.8) while San Antonio ranks 26th (24.6).
- Golden State is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, San Antonio is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Warriors have been outscored by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Golden State has defeated opponents by an average of 7.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 110.0 points per game (8.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 101.0 points per game (3.3 above their season average).