The Samford Bulldogs (8-17, 4-8 SoCon) will attempt to end a five-game road losing streak when they take on the Wofford Terriers (16-8, 7-4 SoCon) at Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium. Wofford opened as a 10.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 155.5 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Samford Bulldogs vs. Wofford Terriers Odds Preview
The Bulldogs fell to the Western Carolina Catamounts in their last outing, 88-71. Eric Adams put together a solid performance for Samford, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 9-for-11 shooting. Western Carolina had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 31.4). Samford, meanwhile, forced the Catamounts into a turnover percentage of 20.8 (above the 17.5 mark opponents have averaged against Samford this season).
The last time the Terriers played, they were beaten by the Mercer Bears, 73-65. Fletcher Magee was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Mercer had a turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 16.7). Wofford, on the other hand, held the Bears to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 33.5).
Wofford could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Terriers rank 50th in offensive efficiency, while Samford ranks 338th in defensive efficiency.
These teams have already met once this season. The Terriers won 93-89. The Terriers 31.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Bulldogs, who had a rate of 25.9. Magee was the games top overall scorer with 31 points.
Samford Bulldogs at Wofford Terriers Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Samford, O/U – Under
- The Terriers average 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 78th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 148th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Samford is 38th in the NCAA with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while Wofford is 59th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- Wofford ranks 45th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while Samford ranks 275th in three pointers allowed per game (26.3).
- The Terriers rank 65th in assists per game (15.4) while the Bulldogs rank 269th in assists allowed per game (19.5).
- Wofford ranks 45th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while Samford ranks 190th (35.8).
- The Terriers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 87.8 points per game (7.1 above their season average).