The Samford Bulldogs (2-7) look to snap a six-game road losing streak when they square off with the Clemson Tigers (7-1) at Littlejohn Coliseum. Action begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Samford Bulldogs vs. Clemson Tigers Free Preview
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they lost a close one to the Memphis Tigers, 65-64. With 17 points on 5-for-13 shooting, Demetrius Dyson was Samford’s high scorer. Memphis had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.1 (above their season average of 36.8). Samford, meanwhile, forced the Tigers into a turnover percentage of 20.4 (above their season average of 16.1).
The Tigers come in on a high note after dismantling the UNC Asheville Bulldogs in their last matchup, 83-52. Clemson’s Donte Grantham played a pivotal role with 17 points and 10 rebounds. The Tigers had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 17.2) and held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.385 (below their season average of 0.549).
Clemson should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Since the 2016-17 season, Clemson ranks 30th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.4 percent), while Samford has forced the 81st-fewest turnovers (17.7 percent). Additionally, the Bulldogs have been among the NCAA’s best at getting to the line, ranking 44th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.289). The Tigers, however, rank 14th in opponents FTA rate (0.178).
Samford Bulldogs at Clemson Tigers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clemson, ATS Winner – Clemson, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 177th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while the Bulldogs rank 279th (24.6).
- Samford ranks 213th in rebounds per game (34.9) while Clemson ranks 226th (34.7).
- Clemson ranks 111th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while Samford ranks 299th (17.1).
- The Tigers rank 70th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Bulldogs rank 239th (2.4).
- Clemson ranks 31st in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Samford ranks 196th (6.7).