The Samford Bulldogs (4-8) can snap a seven-game road losing streak when they challenge the Kennesaw State Owls (2-9) at KSU Convocation Center. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Samford Bulldogs at Kennesaw State Owls ATS Preview
In the Bulldogs last game, they dismantled the Asbury College Eagles, 99-70. With 17 points and 10 rebounds, Samford’s Eric Adams played well. Samford played a perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.308 (above their season average of 0.203) and a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 18.2). Asbury College was 0.016 and 24.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The Owls are hoping for a better outcome after their 78-69 loss to the Georgia Southern Eagles in their last outing. Nick Masterson led Kennesaw State in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Georgia Southern had a much better free throw rate (0.148 vs. 0.034). Kennesaw State, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.467).
The upper-echelon offense of Samford will square off against the mid-tier defense of Kennesaw State. The Bulldogs currently rank 95th in effective field goal percentage (0.537), while the Owls are 247th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.517). The Bulldogs should have the edge on that end of the court.
Demetrius Dyson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Samford, averaging 15.6 points per game.
Samford Bulldogs vs. Kennesaw State Owls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kennesaw State, ATS Winner – Kennesaw State, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs average 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 120th in the NCAA. The Owls rank 142nd in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Kennesaw State ranks 127th in assists per game (14.1) while Samford ranks 223rd in assists allowed per game (19.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 179th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while the Owls rank 267th (16.0).
- Samford ranks 170th in rebounds per game (31.6) while Kennesaw State ranks 231st (32.8).
- The Owls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (7.7 below their season average).