The LSU Tigers (1-0) will be at home in Pete Maravich Assembly Center when they challenge the Samford Bulldogs (1-1). LSU opened as an 8-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 158 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Samford Bulldogs vs. LSU Tigers ATS Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they dismantled the Alabama A&M Bulldogs, 87-68. Wyatt Walker led Samford in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Samford dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.563. For those same stats, Alabama A&M had marks of 29.7 and 0.480, respectively.
The Tigers will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Alcorn State Braves in their last contest, 99-59. With 27 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Tremont Waters was the games high scorer. LSU dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 9.1 and a free throw rate of 0.271. Alcorn State was 19.8 and 0.153, respectively, for those same stats.
Samford should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bulldogs rank 85th in offensive efficiency, while LSU ranks 338th in defensive efficiency.
Since last season, the Bulldogs have had records of 20-16 straight up (SU) and 16-14 against the spread (ATS). Games involving Samford have had a tendency to go over the projected point total since last season (56.7 percent).
The Tigers, on the other hand, have records of 11-21 SU and 11-19 ATS since last season. LSUs games have had a tendency to go over the projected point total over that same time frame (70.0 percent).
Samford Bulldogs vs. LSU Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – Samford, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 153rd in rebounds per game (35.9) while the Tigers rank 213th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Samford averages 20.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 206th in the nation. LSU ranks 258th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- Samford ranks 30th in assists per game (16.2) while LSU ranks 284th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Tigers rank 116th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Bulldogs rank 231st (2.4).
- Samford ranks 148th in steals per game (6.2) while LSU ranks 228th in steals allowed per game (6.8).