SthLnd foes will collide when the Central Arkansas Bears (14-15, 8-8 SthLnd) take on the Sam Houston State Bearkats (18-11, 12-4 SthLnd) at Farris Center. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at Central Arkansas Bears Odds Preview
The Bearkats won a close one over the New Orleans Privateers in their last game, 57-54. John Dewey III led Sam Houston State in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-12 shooting. The Bearkats forced 17 turnovers and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.480 vs. 0.467).
The last time the Bears played, they topped the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 74-72. Central Arkansas was lifted by Jordan Howard, who was the game’s leading scorer with 29 points on 11-for-19 shooting. Central Arkansas played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.291 (above their season average of 0.262) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1 (above their season average of 27.3). Abilene Christian put up marks of 0.074 and 33.3, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a battle of contrasting styles as the up-and-down Bears (ranked 10th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Bearkats (232nd in possessions per game).
Mathieu Kamba has been on fire over the last five games for Central Arkansas, averaging 18.2 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bearkats won 82-76. The Bearkats played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.492. For those same stats, the Bears recorded marks of 27.5 and 0.452, respectively. Jamal Williams was a standout player in the game, putting up 15 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at Central Arkansas Bears Odds Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Sam Houston State, ATS Winner – Sam Houston State, O/U – Over
- The Bearkats average 15.0 assists per game, which ranks 80th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 219th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Central Arkansas ranks 99th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Sam Houston State ranks 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- Sam Houston State averages 37.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 75th in the NCAA. Central Arkansas ranks 295th in rebounds allowed per game (40.2).
- The Bears rank 13th in blocks per game (5.3) while the Bearkats rank 220th (1.8).
- Sam Houston State ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Central Arkansas ranks 173rd (6.8).
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Central Arkansas has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Bearkats have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (0.6 above their season average).