The Sam Houston State Bearkats (21-14) clash against the Northern Colorado Bears (24-12) in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament at Bank of Colorado Arena. The Bearkats opened as a 10.5-point underdog. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 150.5 points and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
Sam Houston State Bearkats vs. Northern Colorado Bears Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Bears defeated the San Diego Toreros 86-75, while the Bearkats beat the UTSA Roadrunners 76-69.
Sam Houston State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.482 (above their season average of 0.237) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 33.0). UTSA was 0.119 and 20.6, respectively, for those same stats. Northern Colorado, on the other hand, played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 14.8) and a free throw rate of 0.270 (above their season average of 0.229). San Diego recorded marks of 21.2 and 0.143, respectively, for those same stats. Jordan Davis had a good outing for Northern Colorado, recording 21 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Sam Houston State received a boost from Christopher Galbreath Jr. who recorded 11 points and 12 rebounds.
This showdown figures to be low-scoring as a pair of the NCAA’s premier defenses face off. Northern Colorado ranks 50th in defensive efficiency (99.2) and Sam Houston State is 51st (99.2). Additionally, the Bearkats are among the NCAA’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 55th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.1 percent). The Bears, meanwhile, rank 21st at securing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.2 percent.
Vegas is known to place the total high when the Bearkats are involved, as 57.1 percent of their games have gone under the O/U total. Sam Houston State heads into the contest with records of 21-14 straight up (SU) and 4-3 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Sam Houston State, games involving the Bears have a slight tendency to go over the projected point total (54.5 percent). Further, Northern Colorado owns records of 24-12 SU and 22-10-1 ATS.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at Northern Colorado Bears Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Northern Colorado, ATS Winner – Sam Houston State, O/U – Under
- Northern Colorado ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (14.6) while Sam Houston State ranks 229th (23.5).
- The Bearkats rank 74th in rebounds per game (37.7) while the Bears rank 191st in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- Sam Houston State is 31st in the nation with 5.1 steals allowed per game while Northern Colorado is 43rd with 5.3 steals allowed per game.
- The Bearkats rank 96th in assists per game (14.7) while the Bears rank 255th (11.9).
- Northern Colorado ranks 117th in blocks per game (3.6) while Sam Houston State ranks 261st (1.7).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 83.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (2.4 below their season average).
- The Bearkats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 3.2 for the season.