The No. 16 Baylor Bears (5-2) welcome the Sam Houston State Bearkats (5-3) in a matchup that pits outstanding offense against exceptional defense. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017.
Sam Houston State Bearkats vs. Baylor Bears ATS Preview
The Bearkats won big over the St. Thomas (TX) Celts in their last contest, 77-54. With 10 points and 10 rebounds, Christopher Galbreath Jr. played well for Sam Houston State. Sam Houston State played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.148) and a turnover percentage of 21.5 (worse than their season average of 17.0). St. Thomas (TX) was 0.152 and 31.7, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Bears last matchup, they were blown out by the No. 8 Wichita State Shockers, 69-62. With 12 points, Baylor’s King McClure had a solid outing. Wichita State held the Bears to an effective field goal percentage of 0.415 (below their season average of 0.534). Baylor, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.2 vs. 16.6).
This matchup pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Dating back to last season, Baylor ranks 49th in offensive efficiency and Sam Houston State ranks 28th in defensive efficiency.
The Bears won the only game against the Bearkats last season, 79-45. The Bears dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.250 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.580. The Bearkats recorded marks of 0.014 and 0.310, respectively, for those same stats.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at Baylor Bears Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bears rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.5) while the Bearkats rank 114th (34.2).
- Sam Houston State ranks 180th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while Baylor ranks 281st (18.3).
- Sam Houston State ranks 61st in steals per game (7.2) while Baylor ranks 266th (5.0).
- The Bears rank 41st in blocks per game (4.6) while the Bearkats rank 230th (2.6).
- Sam Houston State ranks 52nd in assists per game (15.4) while Baylor ranks 171st in assists allowed per game (13.4).