The Saint Peter’s Peacocks (8-12, 2-7 MAAC), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Times Union Center to clash against the Siena Saints (6-16, 2-7 MAAC). Saint Peter’s is a 2-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 128 points. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 29, 2018.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks at Siena Saints Free Preview
The Peacocks lost a close one to the Rider Broncs in their last outing, 63-60. Samuel Idowu put together a solid performance for Saint Peter’s, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Rider had a better free throw rate (0.222 vs. 0.127). Saint Peter’s, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.482 vs. 0.472).
In the Saints last matchup, they were defeated by the Monmouth Hawks, 67-56. With seven points and 10 rebounds, Roman Penn played well for Siena. Monmouth had a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 20.5). Siena, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.6 (above their season average of 32.4).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Siena currently ranks 253rd in possessions per game (68.4) and Saint Peter’s is 314th (66.4).
Of Saint Peter’s 15 games that accepted bets, eight have finished under the O/U total, while 10 of Siena’s 14 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Peacocks have a clear advantage. They are 8-12 SU and 6-9 ATS, while the Saints are 6-16 SU and 5-9 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Peacocks won the most recent matchup 77-65. Saint Peter’s had a much better turnover percentage (13.8 vs. 25.4). Siena, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (21-27; 77.8 percent).
Saint Peter’s Peacocks at Siena Saints Free Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Under
- The Peacocks rank 193rd in assists per game (12.8) while the Saints rank 239th (11.6).
- Saint Peter’s is 4-7 ATS on the road with 7 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, Siena is 2-4 ATS with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- Saint Peter’s ranks 76th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while Siena ranks 228th (19.0).
- The Peacocks rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Saints rank 138th (6.7).
- Siena ranks 157th in rebounds per game (35.4) while Saint Peter’s ranks 257th (31.9).
- Siena is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Saint Peter’s is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Saints average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 6.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Peacocks have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (4.1 above their season average).