MAAC foes will collide when the Rider Broncs (14-7, 7-2 MAAC) meet the Saint Peter’s Peacocks (8-11, 2-6 MAAC) at Alumni Gymnasium. Rider opened as a 6.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 144 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Rider Broncs Betting Preview
The Peacocks were beaten by the Manhattan Jaspers in their last outing, 68-57. Saint Peter’s Samuel Idowu put together a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Manhattan held the Peacocks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.426 (below their season average of 0.507). Saint Peter’s, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 26.1).
In the Broncs last game, they topped the Fairfield Stags, 90-88. Rider rallied around Dimencio Vaughn, who was the teams high scorer with 20 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Rider dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 33.9) and a free throw rate of 0.219 (below their season average of 0.252). Fairfield had marks of 23.3 and 0.179, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a showdown of contrasting tempos as the fast-paced Broncs (ranked 26th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Peacocks (310th in possessions per game).
Of Saint Peter’s 14 games that accepted bets, seven have finished over the O/U total, while 12 of Rider’s 17 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Broncs have a significant advantage. They are 14-7 SU and 11-5-1 ATS, while the Peacocks are 8-11 SU and 5-9 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 172 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 137.5. The Broncs won 88-84, covering as 4-point underdogs. The Broncs played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.327. For those same stats, the Peacocks were 13.3 and 0.131, respectively. Despite the loss, Davauhnte Turner was the games leading scorer with 34 points.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Rider Broncs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Under
- The Peacocks rank 25th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Broncs rank 67th (5.8).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 192nd in assists per game (12.7) while Rider ranks 215th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- Saint Peter’s is 3-7 ATS on the road, while Rider is 2-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Broncs 4 home games, while 6 of the Peacocks 10 road games have gone under.
- Rider ranks 10th in rebounds per game (40.9) while Saint Peter’s ranks 270th (31.8).
- The Peacocks rank 83rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Broncs rank 270th in three pointers allowed per game (26.5).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Rider ranks 180th (5.1).
- Rider is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Saint Peter’s is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Broncs have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Rider has defeated opponents by an average of 3.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Peacocks have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average).