The Saint Peters Peacocks (0-1) and the No. 19 Northwestern Wildcats (1-0), who both like to play slow, will clash at Allstate Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 128.5 points with Northwestern opening as an 18.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on BTN2Go.
Saint Peters Peacocks vs. Northwestern Wildcats Odds Preview
The Peacocks got blown out by the La Salle Explorers in their last matchup, 61-40. Cameron Jones had a good performance for Saint Peters, leading the team in scoring with nine points on 3-for-7 shooting. La Salles free throw rate was their largest advantage over Saint Peters. The Explorers had a rate of 0.213, while the Peacocks posted a mark of 0.061.
The last time the Wildcats played, they defeated the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 79-75. With 26 points on 9-for-20 shooting, Scottie Lindsey was the games leading scorer. The Wildcats had a better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 20.1) and had a better free throw rate (0.393 vs. 0.322).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams clash. Northwestern ranks 307th in possessions per game (66.2) and Saint Peters is 346th (63.0) since the 2016-17 season.
Since last season, the Peacocks are 19-14 straight up (SU) and 21-10 against the spread (ATS). Games featuring Saint Peters have had a tendency to go under the projected point total since last season (61.3 percent).
Meanwhile, the Wildcats, have records of 24-11 SU and 22-11 ATS since last season. Northwesterns games have had a slight tendency to go under the O/U total over that same time frame (51.5 percent).
Saint Peters Peacocks at Northwestern Wildcats Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northwestern, ATS Winner – Saint Peters, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Peacocks rank 40th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Wildcats rank 88th (5.7).
- Northwestern ranks 175th in three pointers attempted per game (20.7) while Saint Peters ranks 182nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.4).
- Northwestern ranks 22nd in blocks per game (5.1) while Saint Peters ranks 187th (2.9).
- The Wildcats rank 75th in assists per game (15.0) while the Peacocks rank 236th (12.2).
- Northwestern ranks 129th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Saint Peters ranks 278th (32.6).