The Saint Peter’s Peacocks (10-15, 4-10 MAAC) will try to snap a six-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Monmouth Hawks (8-17, 4-9 MAAC) at OceanFirst Bank Center. Monmouth is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 136 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Monmouth Hawks Free Preview
In the Peacocks last matchup, they fell to the Iona Gaels, 86-77. Saint Peter’s Samuel Idowu put up 14 points and 11 rebounds in the game. Iona did a great job of converting from the free throw line (19-24; 79.2 percent). Saint Peter’s, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 27.3).
The Hawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 93-76 loss to the Manhattan Jaspers in their last outing. With 16 points and five steals, Ray Salnave played well for Monmouth. Manhattan did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (33-41; 80.5 percent). Monmouth, on the other hand, forced the Jaspers into a turnover percentage of 20.2 (above the 15.7 mark opponents have averaged against Monmouth this season).
It will be a battle of conflicting styles as the fast-paced Hawks (ranked 42nd in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Peacocks (314th in possessions per game).
Of Saint Peter’s 20 games that accepted bets, 10 have finished over the projected point total, while 13 of Monmouth’s 21 games have finished over the projected point total. The Peacocks have the superior straight up (SU) record (10-15 vs. 8-17), but the Hawks hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (8-13 vs. 7-13).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 141 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 134.5. The Peacocks won 77-64, covering as 2-point underdogs. The Peacocks played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 and a turnover percentage of 16.1. The Hawks were 17.2 and 23.8, respectively, for those same stats. Despite the loss, Micah Seaborn was a standout player in the game, putting up 16 points.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Monmouth Hawks Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Monmouth, ATS Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Over
- The Peacocks rank 48th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Hawks rank 152nd (3.9).
- Saint Peter’s is 4-8 ATS on the road with 8 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, Monmouth is 3-5 ATS with 6 overs and 2 unders.
- Saint Peter’s averages 23.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 96th in the NCAA. Monmouth ranks 264th in three pointers allowed per game (26.1).
- The Hawks rank 125th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Peacocks rank 262nd (32.5).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Monmouth ranks 162nd (6.8).
- Monmouth is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Saint Peter’s is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Hawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Peacocks have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (0.9 below their season average).