The LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (3-5) will be at home in Steinberg Wellness Center when they challenge the Saint Peter’s Peacocks (4-5). Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds ATS Preview
In the Peacocks last game, they were blown out by the No. 15 Seton Hall Pirates, 84-61. Davauhnte Turner had a solid performance for Saint Peter’s, leading the team in scoring with 13 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Seton Hall’s 0.279 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Saint Peter’s, who had a rate of 0.121. The Pirates mark was above their season average of 0.223, while the Peacocks was below their season average of 0.174.
The Blackbirds are hoping for a better outcome after their 76-72 loss to the Fairfield Stags in their last matchup. Joel Hernandez was the games leading scorer with 23 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Fairfield held the Blackbirds to an effective field goal percentage of 0.435 (below their season average of 0.521). LIU Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.463 (above their season average of 0.225).
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for LIU Brooklyn in this matchup. Dating back to last season, the Blackbirds rank 57th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.5 percent), while Saint Peter’s ranks 309th in defensive rebounding percentage (72.7 percent).
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Peacocks rank 15th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Blackbirds rank 102nd (6.3).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 211th in assists per game (12.2) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 236th (11.2).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 245th (18.1).
- The Blackbirds rank 54th in rebounds per game (38.9) while the Peacocks rank 255th (32.6).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 124th (3.6).