The La Salle Explorers and Saint Peter’s Peacocks will go head-to-head at Tom Gola Arena to get their seasons going. La Salle is an 8.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 130 points. Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks at La Salle Explorers Odds Preview
Last season, La Salle was unable reach the tournament following a 15-15 regular season. Saint Peter’s also did not reach the tournament after a 19-13 regular season.
Second-chance points could be hard to find for La Salle in this meeting. In the 2016-17 season, the Explorers ranked 291st in offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 percent), while Saint Peter’s ranked 51st in defensive rebounding percentage (74.1 percent).
The Peacocks were 19-13 straight up (SU) and 21-9 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Saint Peter’s’ 30 games with betting action last season, 18 finished under the O/U total.
The Explorers had a respectable 15-15 SU record last season, but had trouble covering the spread (10-15-1 ATS). Of La Salle’s 26 games that accepted bets last season, 16 finished over the O/U total.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks at La Salle Explorers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Peacocks rank 181st in blocks per game (2.9) while the Explorers rank 254th (2.1).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 48th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while La Salle ranks 71st (33.2).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 54th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while La Salle ranks 264th (15.0).
- The Peacocks rank 36th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Explorers rank 138th (6.2).
- La Salle averages 23.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 80th in the nation. Saint Peter’s ranks 180th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5).