The Oregon State Beavers (7-3) and the Saint Louis Billikens (5-5) clash at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 131.5 points with Oregon State set as a 7-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Saint Louis Billikens vs. Oregon State Beavers Free Preview
The last time the Billikens played, they defeated the Murray State Racers, 69-55. With 10 points and 14 rebounds, Jalen Johnson played well for Saint Louis. Saint Louis played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 17.6) and a free throw rate of 0.290 (matching their season average). Murray State was 19.1 and 0.218, respectively, for those same stats.
The Beavers come in on a high note after edging the Jacksonville State Gamecocks in their last outing, 70-69. Oregon State’s Drew Eubanks led the way, recording 13 points and 11 rebounds. The Beavers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.533, had a fantastic mark of 0.609 and had a better free throw rate (0.304 vs. 0.281).
The aggressive Oregon State offense might be getting to the free throw line a lot in this showdown. The Beavers currently rank 21st in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.312, while Saint Louis ranks 266th in FTA rate allowed (0.283).
Of Saint Louis 8 games that accepted bets, four have finished over the O/U total, while 5 of Oregon State’s 9 games have finished over the projected point total. The Beavers have the superior straight up (SU) record (7-3 vs. 5-5), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Oregon State is 3-7, while Saint Louis is 3-5 ATS.
Saint Louis Billikens vs. Oregon State Beavers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – Saint Louis, O/U – Over
- The Beavers rank 78th in steals per game (6.9) while the Billikens rank 93rd in steals allowed per game (5.4).
- Oregon State ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Saint Louis ranks 176th (12.5).
- The Beavers rank 26th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while the Billikens rank 147th (34.2).
- Oregon State ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Saint Louis ranks 145th (3.6).
- The Beavers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.6, up from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 59.4 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (1.2 above their season average).