The Saint Louis Billikens (8-9, 1-3 A10) can end a five-game road losing streak when they meet the George Mason Patriots (8-9, 2-2 A10) at EagleBank Arena. Action gets underway at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Network.
Saint Louis Billikens vs. George Mason Patriots ATS Preview
The last time the Billikens played, they lost to the Rhode Island Rams, 72-65. With 19 points on 4-for-12 shooting, Davell Roby led Saint Louis in scoring. Rhode Island forced the Billikens into a turnover percentage of 21.7 (above their season average of 16.7). Saint Louis, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (24-30; 80.0 percent).
The Patriots come in on a high note after narrowly defeating the Saint Joseph’s Hawks in their last matchup, 81-79. With 25 points on 10-for-13 shooting, Otis Livingston II was the games leading scorer. The Patriots held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 25.1) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.481).
It could be a tough game for George Mason on the offensive glass. The Patriots are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 246th in offensive rebounding percentage at 27.2 percent. Meanwhile, Saint Louis ranks 93rd in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 73.6 percent. Furthermore, the Billikens are among the NCAA’s elite at getting to the line, ranking 14th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.314). The Patriots, however, rank 60th at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents FTA rate of 0.191.
Livingston II has been playing at a high level over the last five games for George Mason, averaging 17.8 points and 3.8 assists per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Billikens won both meetings last season. In the last contest, Saint Louis won 76-74. The Billikens played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.1 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0. The Patriots recorded marks of 16.4 and 23.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Saint Louis Billikens vs. George Mason Patriots Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – George Mason, ATS Winner – George Mason, O/U – Under
- Saint Louis ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while George Mason ranks 193rd (23.8).
- The Billikens average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 59th in the nation. The Patriots rank 115th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Saint Louis ranks 44th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while George Mason ranks 88th (6.2).
- The Patriots average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.8 points per game (2.0 below their season average).