The Saint Louis Billikens (16-13, 9-7 A10) will travel to A.J. Palumbo Center to square off against the Duquesne Dukes (15-14, 6-10 A10) in their home finale. Neither team is favored and the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 130.5 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Saint Louis Billikens vs. Duquesne Dukes Odds Preview
The Billikens beat the George Washington Colonials in their last outing, 62-53. With 13 points and 11 rebounds, Javon Bess had a solid performance for Saint Louis. Saint Louis played a perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.380 (above their season average of 0.299) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.430 (below their season average of 0.472). George Washington recorded marks of 0.200 and 0.382, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Dukes’ last matchup, they were beaten by the Davidson Wildcats, 71-60. With 12 points and six rebounds, Eric Williams Jr. played well for Duquesne. Davidson did a great job of making free throws (18-22; 81.8 percent). Duquesne, meanwhile, held the Wildcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 23.0).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams face off. Duquesne ranks 260th in possessions per game (67.8) and Saint Louis is 337th (64.7). Additionally, the Billikens’ 58th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.481) will square off against the Dukes’ 280th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.490).
Of Saint Louis’ 26 games that accepted bets, 14 have finished under the projected point total, while 11 of Duquesne’s 21 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (16-13 for Saint Louis; 15-14 for Duquesne), but the Billikens have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Saint Louis is 17-9 ATS, while the Dukes are 12-9.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 139 points, which was over the projected point total of 128. The Billikens won 76-63, covering as 5-point favorites. The Billikens dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.440 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.540. The Dukes were 0.293 and 0.397, respectively, for those same stats. Jordan Goodwin played a huge role in the victory, recording a a triple-double with 13 points, 15 rebounds and 10 assists.
Saint Louis Billikens at Duquesne Dukes Odds Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Saint Louis, ATS Winner – Saint Louis, O/U – Under
- The Billikens rank 217th in assists per game (12.2) while the Dukes rank 245th (11.7).
- Duquesne is 38th in the NCAA with 5.2 steals allowed per game while Saint Louis is 59th with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- On the road, Saint Louis is 7-5 ATS with 7 unders and 5 overs.
- Duquesne is 6-4 ATS at home with 6 overs and 4 unders.
- Duquesne ranks 92nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Saint Louis ranks 289th (16.8).
- The Billikens rank 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while the Dukes rank 153rd (34.9).
- Duquesne ranks 36th in blocks per game (4.5) while Saint Louis ranks 101st in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Duquesne is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Saint Louis is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Dukes have been outscored by an average of 12.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Duquesne has defeated opponents by an average of 3.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 62.0 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (2.1 below their season average).