A10 foes will collide when the Davidson Wildcats (4-6, 0-1 A10) meet the Saint Louis Billikens (7-7, 0-1 A10) at Belk Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 136 points with Davidson opening as a 9-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
Saint Louis Billikens vs. Davidson Wildcats Betting Preview
The Billikens lost big to the La Salle Explorers in their last outing, 83-60. With 16 points on 6-for-17 shooting, Jordan Goodwin led Saint Louis in scoring. La Salle had an effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (above their season average of 0.509). Saint Louis, meanwhile, forced the Explorers into a turnover percentage of 17.2 (above their season average of 13.3).
In the Wildcats last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Richmond Spiders, 69-58. Kellan Grady was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Richmond did a fantastic job of making free throws (21-28; 75.0 percent). Davidson, meanwhile, held the Spiders to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 24.0).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Davidson ranks 265th in possessions per game (68.5) and Saint Louis is 332nd (66.1).
Of Saint Louis 11 games that accepted bets, six have finished under the projected point total, while 6 of Davidson’s 11 games have finished under the O/U total. The Billikens have the better straight up (SU) record (7-7 vs. 4-6), but the Wildcats hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (4-6-1 vs. 5-6).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Wildcats won the sole game last season, 77-66. The Wildcats played a flawless game. They had a great turnover percentage of 8.6 and a great free throw rate of 0.255. For those same stats, the Billikens had marks of 18.5 and 0.173, respectively.
Saint Louis Billikens at Davidson Wildcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Under
- The Billikens rank 179th in rebounds per game (34.8) while the Wildcats rank 238th (32.7).
- Davidson allows the 29th-fewest steals per game (5.1) while Saint Louis ranks 54th (5.6).
- Saint Louis is 2-3 ATS on the road, while Davidson is 1-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 1 of the Wildcats 2 home games, while 3 of the Billikens 5 road games have gone over.
- Davidson ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (31.7) while Saint Louis ranks 243rd (17.9).
- The Wildcats rank 14th in assists per game (18.3) while the Billikens rank 222nd (11.6).
- Davidson ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Saint Louis ranks 90th (3.4).
- Davidson is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Saint Louis is 3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Davidson has defeated opponents by an average of 4.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.0 points per game (3.4 below their season average).