The Saint Joseph’s Hawks (9-9, 4-3 A10) look to end their five-game road losing streak when they clash with the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (12-6, 2-4 A10), who will try to prolong their five-game home winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 152 points with St. Bonaventure opening as a 7-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at St. Bonaventure Bonnies Betting Preview
The Hawks easily got past the Fordham Rams in their last contest, 68-46. James Demery was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 11-for-25 shooting. Saint Joseph’s dominated every facet of the game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 11.4) and a free throw rate of 0.127 (matching their season average). Fordham had marks of 25.8 and 0.091, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Bonnies last game, they were dismantled by the Davidson Wildcats, 83-73. Matt Mobley was St. Bonaventure’s high scorer with 25 points on 9-for-19 shooting. Davidson was lights out from beyond the arc (14-33; 42.4 percent). St. Bonaventure, on the other hand, held the Wildcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.2 (below the 29.8 mark opponents have averaged against St. Bonaventure this season).
St. Bonaventure could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. St. Bonaventure ranks 37th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while Saint Joseph’s forces the 66th-fewest turnovers (17.3 percent).
Both of these teams tend to go over the O/U total. Games featuring Saint Joseph’s have gone over 62.5 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of St. Bonaventure games have gone over. The Bonnies hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (12-6 vs. 9-9), but the Hawks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (8-8 vs. 7-8).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 163 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 147. The Hawks won 85-78, covering as 3-point underdogs. One of Saint Joseph’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 32 free throw attempts, while St. Bonaventure had 23. Shavar Newkirk put up a double-double in the victory with 23 points and 10 rebounds.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at St. Bonaventure Bonnies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Over
- The Bonnies rank 43rd in steals per game (7.5) while the Hawks rank 91st (6.7).
- St. Bonaventure averages 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 118th in the NCAA. Saint Joseph’s ranks 126th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- On the road, Saint Joseph’s is 3-7 ATS with 8 overs and 2 unders.
- At home, St. Bonaventure is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while St. Bonaventure ranks 257th (17.6).
- The Bonnies rank 129th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Hawks rank 268th (39.7).
- St. Bonaventure ranks 141st in assists per game (13.6) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 200th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- St. Bonaventure is 1-4 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Saint Joseph’s is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bonnies have been outscored by an average of 5.0 points in their last five games. On the season, St. Bonaventure has defeated opponents by an average of 6.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (5.7 below their season average).