The Temple Owls (5-2) will be at home in Liacouras Center when they take on the Saint Joseph’s Hawks (4-4). Action begins at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Temple Owls Betting Preview
The last time the Hawks played, they got blown out by the No. 4 Villanova Wildcats, 94-53. With 14 points on 6-for-17 shooting, James Demery was Saint Joseph’s leading scorer. Villanova had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.8 (above their season average of 32.5). Saint Joseph’s, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 13.5).
The Owls hope to keep it rolling after topping the Wisconsin Badgers in their last contest, 59-55. Temple was lifted by Shizz Alston Jr. who led the team in scoring with 22 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Temple dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.151 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 13.1 (better than their season average of 15.4). Wisconsin put up marks of 0.071 and 15.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Temple could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Temple ranks 54th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while Saint Joseph’s has forced the 84th-fewest turnovers (17.7 percent).
The Owls won the only game against the Hawks last season, 78-72. The Owls turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Hawks. Temple had a rate of 6.9, while Saint Joseph’s posted a mark of 11.8.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Temple Owls ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Temple, ATS Winner – Temple, O/U – Over
etting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawks rank 127th in rebounds per game (36.6) while the Owls rank 247th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- Saint Joseph’s averages 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 136th in the nation. Temple ranks 202nd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Temple ranks 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 299th in three pointers allowed per game (26.5).
- The Owls rank 128th in assists per game (14.2) while the Hawks rank 261st (11.8).
- Temple ranks 110th in steals per game (6.6) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 238th (5.2).