The Saint Joseph’s Hawks (10-14, 5-7 A10) will try to snap a nine-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Fordham Rams (9-15, 4-8 A10) at Rose Hill Gym. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 134.5 points with Saint Joseph’s set as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks vs. Fordham Rams Betting Preview
The Hawks were victorious over the Massachusetts Minutemen in their last contest, 85-73. Taylor Funk was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Saint Joseph’s dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.231 (above their season average of 0.222) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (above their season average of 23.1). Massachusetts recorded marks of 0.048 and 14.3, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Rams last game, they thoroughly outplayed the Duquesne Dukes, 80-57. Prokop Slanina was a key piece for Fordham with 13 points and 11 rebounds. The Rams knocked down 22 of their 26 free throws (84.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.690 (above their season average of 0.476).
Second-chance opportunities might be rare for Fordham in this matchup. The Rams rank 345th in offensive rebounding percentage (18.9 percent), while Saint Joseph’s ranks 19th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.4 percent). Moreover, the Hawks commit the fewest errors in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 13.3 percent), while the disruptive defense of the Rams causes the 47th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 21.6 percent).
Of Saint Joseph’s 22 games that accepted bets, 13 have finished over the projected point total, while 10 of Fordham’s 20 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Hawks have a substantial advantage. They are 10-14 SU and 11-11 ATS, while the Rams are 9-15 SU and 6-14 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 114 points, well under the projected point total of 137. The Hawks won 68-46, covering as 12-point favorites. The Hawks played a perfect game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 8.4 and a free throw rate of 0.127. For those same stats, the Rams were 25.8 and 0.091, respectively. James Demery was the games leading scorer with 25 points.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Fordham Rams ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Saint Joseph’s, ATS Winner – Saint Joseph’s, O/U – Over
- The Hawks rank 154th in assists per game (13.6) while the Rams rank 246th in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- Saint Joseph’s is 5-9 ATS on the road with 10 overs and 4 unders.
- Fordham is 3-7 ATS at home with 5 unders, 4 overs and 1 push.
- Fordham ranks 50th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 284th (28.1).
- The Hawks rank 81st in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Rams rank 298th (29.8).
- Saint Joseph’s ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (4.4) while Fordham ranks 128th (6.4).
- Fordham is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Saint Joseph’s is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Rams average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 5.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average).