The Saint Joseph’s Hawks (5-4) will travel to Finneran Pavilion to go head-to-head against the 21st-ranked Villanova Wildcats (7-2). Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Villanova Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Wildcats dismantled the Morgan State Bears 100-77, while the Hawks were victorious over the Old Dominion Monarchs 79-64.
Saint Joseph’s dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.315 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.574. Old Dominion was 0.113 and 0.460, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Villanova played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.299 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4. Morgan State was 0.085 and 25.6, respectively, for those same stats. Eric Paschall had a good outing for Villanova, recording 26 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Saint Joseph’s received a boost from Pierfrancesco Oliva, who contributed 17 points and 14 rebounds.
The Wildcats won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 94-53. The Wildcats’ 43.8 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Hawks, who had a rate of 22.2.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Wildcats rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (31.2 percent), while Saint Joseph’s ranks 30th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.7 percent) since the 2017-18 season.
Saint Joseph’s at Villanova Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Villanova, ATS Winner – Villanova, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Villanova averages 28.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. Saint Joseph’s ranks 300th in three pointers allowed per game (27.8).
- The Hawks rank 17th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Wildcats rank 145th (5.1).
- Villanova ranks 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 161st (3.5).
- The Wildcats rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while the Hawks rank 265th (37.9).
- Villanova ranks 111th in assists allowed per game (13.2) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 250th (15.0).