The undefeated No. 1 Duke Blue Devils (10-0) welcome the Saint Francis U Red Flash (3-4) to Cameron Indoor Stadium. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Saint Francis U Red Flash vs. Duke Blue Devils Free Preview
The last time the Red Flash played, they lost a close one to the Stony Brook Seawolves, 85-83. With 26 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Andre Wolford was the top scorer from either team. Stony Brook forced the Red Flash into a turnover percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 15.2). Saint Francis U, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.760 (above their season average of 0.535).
The Blue Devils come in on a high note after beating the South Dakota Coyotes in their last outing, 96-80. Marvin Bagley III was a key piece for Duke with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Duke played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 51.6 (above their season average of 42.9) and a free throw rate of 0.302 (above their season average of 0.267). For those same stats, South Dakota recorded marks of 22.0 and 0.147, respectively.
Duke could dominate the offensive glass in this contest. The Blue Devils rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 percent), while Saint Francis U ranks 285th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.6 percent) since last season. Furthermore, the Red Flash rank 306th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.210), while the Blue Devils rank second in opponents FTA rate (0.207).
Duke is 10-0 SU and 6-2 ATS. Of the Blue Devils eight games with betting action, all have finished over the projected point total.
Bagley III has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Duke, averaging 25.8 points and 12.6 rebounds per game.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Duke Blue Devils ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Duke, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blue Devils average 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the nation. The Red Flash rank 171st in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Saint Francis U ranks 178th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while Duke ranks 305th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9).
- Duke averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks second in the nation. Saint Francis U ranks 263rd in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Blue Devils average 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks second in the NCAA. The Red Flash rank 207th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Duke ranks 11th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Saint Francis U ranks 191st (6.6).