NEC foes will clash when the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (6-5) take on the Saint Francis U Red Flash (6-5) at William H. Detrick Gymnasium. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Free Preview
The Red Flash were victorious over the Lehigh Mountain Hawks in their last matchup, 84-70. With 20 points, 16 rebounds and eight assists, Keith Braxton put together a good game for Saint Francis U. Saint Francis U played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.219 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.547 (below their season average of 0.554). For those same stats, Lehigh put up marks of 0.099 and 0.444, respectively.
In the Blue Devils last game, they blew out the Maine Black Bears, 84-57. Central Connecticut State received a boost from Tyler Kohl, who was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Central Connecticut State played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.593 (above their season average of 0.526) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 28.9). For those same stats, Maine put up marks of 0.318 and 36.0, respectively.
Central Connecticut State may have difficulty getting to the free throw line in this battle. The Blue Devils currently rank 255th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.218, while Saint Francis U ranks 28th in FTA rate allowed (0.173). This game should be a showdown of contrasting styles. The fast-paced Red Flash rank 50th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Blue Devils rank 287th.
Braxton has been exceptional over the last five games for Saint Francis U, averaging 18.2 points, 9.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after splitting two games last season. The Red Flash won the last matchup 80-71. Saint Francis U’s 0.663 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Central Connecticut State, who had a rate of 0.518.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Over
- The Blue Devils rank 109th in rebounds per game (36.8) while the Red Flash rank 190th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Saint Francis U ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Central Connecticut State ranks 104th (6.5).
- Central Connecticut State ranks 77th in assists allowed per game (12.2) while Saint Francis U ranks 240th (17.7).
- The Red Flash rank 121st in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while the Blue Devils rank 227th (18.5).
- Central Connecticut State ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Saint Francis U ranks 108th (3.6).
- The Blue Devils average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Red Flash have scored an average of 88.0 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 88.6 points per game (8.1 above their season average).