The Bryant Bulldogs (1-13, 0-1 NEC), who are currently on a nine-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Saint Francis U Red Flash (6-6, 0-1 NEC) to Chace Athletic Center. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Bryant Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Red Flash’s last matchup, they were beaten by the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils, 72-68. With 18 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Keith Braxton was the games leading scorer. Central Connecticut State did a terrific job of making free throws (9-12; 75.0 percent). Saint Francis U, meanwhile, forced the Blue Devils into a turnover percentage of 23.2 (above their season average of 19.0).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 68-54 loss to the Robert Morris Colonials in their last matchup. Sabastian Townes led Bryant in scoring with 14 points on 3-for-14 shooting. Robert Morris did a great job of making free throws (21-25; 84.0 percent). Bryant, meanwhile, held the Colonials to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.1 (below their season average of 31.5).
Bryant could have difficulty getting to the free throw line in this matchup. The Bulldogs rank 292nd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.194, while Saint Francis U ranks 28th in FTA rate allowed (0.173).
Braxton has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Saint Francis U, averaging 18.2 points, 10.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Red Flash won two out of three matchups played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Saint Francis U won 100-78. Saint Francis U did a great job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent). Bryant, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (7.5 vs. 16.6).
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Bryant Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bryant, ATS Winner – Bryant, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 126th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while the Red Flash rank 176th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- Saint Francis U ranks 161st in rebounds allowed per game (36.3) while Bryant ranks 260th (42.0).
- The Red Flash average 14.0 assists per game, which ranks 131st in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 206th in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- Saint Francis U ranks 38th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Bryant ranks 108th (6.4).
- The Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 22.2, up from 18.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Red Flash have scored an average of 85.0 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 86.0 points per game (6.2 above their season average).