The UIC Flames (17-15) will be 4-point favorites in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament at UIC Pavilion when they square off against the Saint Francis U Red Flash (18-12). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at UIC Flames ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Flames fell to the Milwaukee Panthers, 80-75, while the Red Flash were defeated by the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 84-75.
Saint Francis U did a great job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent) while UIC held Milwaukee to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below the 30.6 mark opponents have averaged against UIC this season). UIC received a boost from Tarkus Ferguson, who put up 23 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Keith Braxton was a key piece for Saint Francis U with 24 points, 10 rebounds and five assists.
Of the Red Flash’s 5 games that accepted bets, four have finished over the O/U total. Saint Francis U is 18-12 straight up (SU), but they are just 2-3 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Flames games, with 15 overs compared to 13 unders. Moreover, UIC owns records of 17-15 SU and 14-14 ATS.
Keith Braxton and Jamaal King have been playing well over the last five games for Saint Francis U. Braxton has averaged 19.4 points, 10.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.4 steals per game, while King has recorded 23.8 points, 3.2 assists and 1.2 steals a game during that span.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at UIC Flames Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UIC, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Under
- UIC ranks second in blocks per game (7.0) while Saint Francis U ranks 217th (2.3).
- The Red Flash average 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 155th in the NCAA. The Flames rank 255th in assists allowed per game (15.6).
- Saint Francis U ranks 145th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while UIC ranks 239th (19.2).
- The Flames rank 40th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Red Flash rank 219th (33.9).
- Saint Francis U ranks 36th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while UIC ranks 210th (7.3).
- The Red Flash’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 3.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 81.0 points per game (5.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.8 points per game (9.1 above their season average).