The Niagara Purple Eagles (4-5) will be at home in Gallagher Center when they go head-to-head with the Saint Francis U Red Flash (3-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Niagara Purple Eagles Free Preview
In the Red Flash’s last game, they got blown out by the No. 1 Duke Blue Devils, 124-67. With 13 points on 5-for-16 shooting, Keith Braxton led Saint Francis U in scoring. Duke held the Red Flash to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.2 (below their season average of 28.8). Saint Francis U, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 16.4).
The Purple Eagles come in on a high note after topping the New Hampshire Wildcats in their last contest, 78-70. Matt Scott had a good game for Niagara, contributing 27 points and eight rebounds. Niagara dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 30.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.506). New Hampshire had marks of 23.5 and 0.518, respectively, for those same stats.
Since the 2016-17 season, a focal point for the Niagara offense has been to get to and convert from the free throw line. The Purple Eagles rank 36th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.261), but Saint Francis U has been among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 21st by yielding a FTA rate of 0.174).
Saint Francis U Red Flash vs. Niagara Purple Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Niagara, ATS Winner – Niagara, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Flash average 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 155th in the NCAA. The Purple Eagles rank 247th in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- Saint Francis U ranks 95th in blocks per game (3.5) while Niagara ranks 169th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Niagara ranks 58th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while Saint Francis U ranks 228th in three pointers allowed per game (24.7).
- The Purple Eagles rank second in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Red Flash rank 138th (6.5).
- Saint Francis U ranks 138th in assists per game (13.8) while Niagara ranks 251st in assists allowed per game (16.0).