NEC foes will collide when the Robert Morris Colonials (12-9, 6-2 NEC) go head-to-head against the Sacred Heart Pioneers (7-14, 2-6 NEC) at PPG Paints Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2018.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Robert Morris Colonials Betting Preview
The Pioneers were beaten by the Saint Francis U Red Flash in their last matchup, 73-60. Joseph Lopez had a good performance for Sacred Heart, contributing 10 points and 14 rebounds. Saint Francis U did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (19-23; 82.6 percent). Sacred Heart, meanwhile, held the Red Flash to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 27.8).
In the Colonials last matchup, they were beaten by the Wagner Seahawks, 62-49. Koby Thomas was Robert Morris leading scorer with 16 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Wagner held the Colonials to an effective field goal percentage of 0.288 (below their season average of 0.478). Robert Morris, meanwhile, held the Seahawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.8 (below their season average of 36.4).
Opposite paces will be on display in this contest. Robert Morris has preferred to play quickly (88th in possessions per game), while Sacred Heart has been more methodical (198th in possessions per game). It could also be an error-filled game for the offense of the Pioneers, which ranks 319th in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.8 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Colonials, which forces the seventh-most turnovers in the nation (24.4 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Colonials won 74-60. The Colonials dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.5 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4. For those same stats, the Pioneers were 20.1 and 27.0, respectively. Lopez played a big role with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. Robert Morris Colonials Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Robert Morris, ATS Winner – Robert Morris, O/U – Over
- The Pioneers rank 199th in assists per game (12.6) while the Colonials rank 238th (11.8).
- Sacred Heart averages 40.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 11th in the NCAA. Robert Morris ranks 233rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Colonials rank 26th in steals per game (8.0) while the Pioneers rank 207th (4.7).
- Robert Morris ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while Sacred Heart ranks 170th (22.7).
- The Colonials average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (4.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average).