The Northwestern Wildcats (3-2) will be at home in Allstate Arena when they square off with the Sacred Heart Pioneers (2-3). Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Northwestern Wildcats Betting Preview
The Pioneers dismantled the Mitchell Mariners in their last outing, 84-60. Mario Matasovic was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Sacred Heart dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.4 (better than their season average of 21.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.8 (above their season average of 34.8). For those same stats, Mitchell was 26.2 and 22.9, respectively.
The last time the Wildcats played, they were blown out by the Texas Tech Red Raiders, 85-49. Scottie Lindsey was Northwestern’s leading scorer with 20 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Texas Tech had an effective field goal percentage of 0.708 (above their season average of 0.532). Northwestern, meanwhile, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (19-27; 70.4 percent).
Northwestern could have their way on defense as they battle against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Wildcats rank 57th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.473), while Sacred Heart is 263rd in effective field goal percentage (0.488) since last season. Contrasting paces will be on display in this contest. The up-tempo Pioneers rank 52nd in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Wildcats rank 312th.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Northwestern Wildcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northwestern, ATS Winner – Northwestern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 176th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while the Pioneers rank 238th (19.1).
- Northwestern averages 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 88th in the NCAA. Sacred Heart ranks 96th in assists allowed per game (12.4).
- Northwestern ranks 24th in blocks per game (5.0) while Sacred Heart ranks 229th (2.6).
- The Pioneers rank 116th in steals per game (6.6) while the Wildcats rank 269th (5.0).
- Sacred Heart ranks 50th in rebounds per game (38.4) while Northwestern ranks 176th (35.8).