The Hartford Hawks (3-5) will be at home in Chase Family Arena when they meet the Sacred Heart Pioneers (5-5). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 11, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. Hartford Hawks Free Preview
The Pioneers defeated the Lafayette Leopards in their last game, 62-50. With 15 points and 16 rebounds, Joseph Lopez had a solid outing for Sacred Heart. Sacred Heart dominated every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.262 (above their season average of 0.216) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 33.3). Lafayette put up marks of 0.125 and 14.6, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Hawks last game, they beat the Quinnipiac Bobcats, 77-75. Hartford’s Jason Dunne played well, putting up 20 points. The Hawks had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 16.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.482).
It could be a tough game for Hartford on the offensive glass. The Hawks rank 307th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 percent), while Sacred Heart ranks 70th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.0 percent) dating back to last season.
The Hawks won the only contest against the Pioneers last season, 87-79. The Hawks played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.581 and a turnover percentage of 18.0. The Pioneers had marks of 0.492 and 21.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Hartford Hawks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hartford, ATS Winner – Hartford, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawks rank 81st in blocks per game (3.7) while the Pioneers rank 146th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Sacred Heart ranks 133rd in assists per game (13.9) while Hartford ranks 192nd in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- Sacred Heart averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. Hartford ranks 257th in rebounds allowed per game (39.7).
- The Hawks rank 102nd in steals per game (6.7) while the Pioneers rank 201st in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Hartford averages 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 55th in the nation. Sacred Heart ranks 127th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).