NEC foes will collide when the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (12-14, 5-8 NEC) go head-to-head with the Sacred Heart Pioneers (8-18, 3-10 NEC) at William H. Detrick Gymnasium. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils ATS Preview
In the Pioneers last game, they lost to the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 77-67. Sacred Heart’s Mario Matasovic had a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 27 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Fairleigh Dickinson had an effective field goal percentage of 0.595 (above their season average of 0.496). Sacred Heart, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 32.1).
The Blue Devils are trying to rebound after their 71-57 loss to the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers in their last game. Tyler Kohl led Central Connecticut State in scoring with 24 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Mount St. Mary’s forced the Blue Devils into a turnover percentage of 23.7 (above their season average of 18.9). Central Connecticut State, meanwhile, held the Mountaineers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 20.7).
Sacred Heart could have difficulty getting to the free throw line in this contest. The Pioneers currently rank 321st in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.192, while Central Connecticut State ranks 65th in FTA rate allowed (0.201).
Kohl has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Central Connecticut State, averaging 23.2 points, 10.0 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 2.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Pioneers won 67-54. The Pioneers played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 and a turnover percentage of 14.7. The Blue Devils had marks of 6.7 and 23.4, respectively, for those same stats. In the loss, Kohl recorded a double-double with 25 points and 11 rebounds.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Sacred Heart, ATS Winner – Sacred Heart, O/U – Under
- Sacred Heart ranks 14th in rebounds per game (40.1) while Central Connecticut State ranks 128th (35.9).
- The Blue Devils rank 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Pioneers rank 124th (3.6).
- Sacred Heart ranks 183rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.7) while Central Connecticut State ranks 247th (24.5).
- The Blue Devils average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 3.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (3.6 below their season average).