The Sacramento State Hornets (2-7) will try to end their five-game road losing streak when they square off with the Boise State Broncos (8-1), who look to extend their six-game home winning streak. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Sacramento State Hornets at Boise State Broncos Odds Preview
In the Hornets last game, they easily got past the Antelope Valley Pioneers, 97-74. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, Bryce Fowler played well for Sacramento State. Sacramento State played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 21.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.648 (above their season average of 0.459). Antelope Valley put up marks of 16.5 and 0.439, respectively, for those same stats.
The Broncos will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Portland Pilots in their last contest, 77-54. Boise State received a boost from Chandler Hutchison, who recorded his zeroth triple-double this year. He took over, collecting 23 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. The Broncos held the Pilots to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 25.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.435 (below their season average of 0.571).
Boise State appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Broncos rank 95th in effective field goal percentage (0.529), while Sacramento State ranks 211th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509) since the 2016-17 season. Also, second chance points could be few and far between for the Hornets. They rank 259th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 27.4 percent, while the Broncos have been 27th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 75.6 percent).
Sacramento State Hornets at Boise State Broncos Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boise State, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Broncos average 36.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 124th in the NCAA. The Hornets rank 181st in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- Boise State ranks 258th in steals per game (5.0) while Sacramento State ranks 268th (4.8).
- Boise State ranks 76th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while Sacramento State ranks 303rd (16.7).
- The Hornets rank 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.9) while the Broncos rank 233rd (4.4).
- Boise State ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Sacramento State ranks 186th (13.7).