Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the Sacramento Kings (23-47), 14.5-point underdogs, head to Utah to take on the Jazz (39-30). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 200 points and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Sacramento Kings at Utah Jazz ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Jazz dismantled the Phoenix Suns 116-88, while the Kings beat the Golden State Warriors 98-93.
The Kings, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.6, had a mark of 26.2 and held the Warriors to an effective field goal percentage of 0.494 (below their season average of 0.578). The Jazz, meanwhile, had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 5.9 (better than their season average of 13.4) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 21.0). Utah was led by Rudy Gobert, who contributed 21 points and 13 rebounds. Buddy Hield played a key role for Sacramento with 22 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Utah currently ranks 28th in possessions per game (97.1) and Sacramento is 26th (97.3). Also, the Kings rank 28th in offensive efficiency (102.3), while the Jazz rank second in defensive efficiency (102.3).
Of the Kings 69 games with betting action, 37 have finished over the projected point total. Sacramento comes into the game with records of 23-47 straight up (SU) and 32-34-3 against the spread (ATS).
Jazz games have a tendency to finish under the O/U total (55.1 percent). Additionally, Utah owns records of 39-30 SU and 38-31 ATS.
Gobert and Joe Ingles have played at a high level over the last five games for Utah. Gobert has averaged 17.8 points, 13.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks, while Ingles has put up 16.4 points, 6.6 assists, 5.2 rebounds and 1.6 steals a game during that span.
The Jazz have won both contests against the Kings this year. The two teams combined to score 189 points in their most recent game, which was under the projected point total of 201. Utah won 98-91 but was unable to cover as a 7.5-point favorite. Getting to the free throw line was one of Utah’s largest advantages. They made 29 trips to the line, while Sacramento went 17 times. Gobert put up a double-double in the victory with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
Sacramento Kings vs. Utah Jazz Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.9) while the Kings rank sixth (42.3).
- Utah ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.6) while Sacramento ranks last (32.0).
- The Jazz rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.9) while the Kings rank 22nd (44.0).
- Sacramento averages 8.1 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Utah ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Utah ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (10.8) while Sacramento ranks 12th (11.9).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (19.8) while the Kings rank 23rd (24.3).
- The Jazz rank 12th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Kings rank 26th (4.1).
- Utah ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (9.9) while Sacramento ranks 22nd (12.6).
- Utah is 27-5 when they allow below 100 points, while Sacramento is 14-5.
- The Kings are 16-20 when they reach the century mark, while the Jazz are 30-11.
- Sacramento is 16-16-3 ATS on the road, while Utah is 20-14 ATS at home.
- In 35 road games, the Kings have 18 overs, 16 unders and 1 push.
- The Jazz have 22 unders and 12 overs in 34 home games.
- The Jazz are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Kings are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Utah has 4 unders and 1 over, while Sacramento has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (5.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.6 points per game (14.3 below their season average).
- The Kings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 7.6 for the season.