The Toronto Raptors (19-8) can lengthen an eight-game home winning streak when they square off against the Sacramento Kings (9-19) at Air Canada Centre. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 206.5 points with Toronto opening as a 12.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Preview
The last time the Kings played, they were blown out by the Minnesota Timberwolves, 119-96. Sacramento’s Zach Randolph contributed 15 points and nine rebounds in the contest. Minnesota did a fantastic job of making free throws (17-20; 85.0 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 (above their season average of 21.1).
The Raptors will look to maintain momentum after dismantling the Brooklyn Nets in their last game, 120-87. Toronto rallied around Kyle Lowry, who recorded his first triple-double this season. He took over, accumulating 10 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds. Toronto played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 12.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.2 (above their season average of 21.4). For those same stats, Brooklyn had marks of 20.7 and 15.0, respectively.
Toronto could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense faces off against one of the NBA’s worst defenses. The Raptors currently rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while Sacramento ranks 30th in defensive efficiency.
Of Sacramento’s 28 games, 14 have finished over the projected point total, while 14 of Toronto’s 27 games have finished under the O/U total. The Raptors come into this game with a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 19-8 SU and 15-12 ATS, while the Kings are 9-19 SU and 12-13-3 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Kings, it’s been Randolph, who has averaged 22.2 points, 9.6 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.2 steals, while the Raptors have received great contributions from Serge Ibaka (19.6 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 189 points, well under the projected point total of 206.5. The Raptors won 102-87, covering as 9-point favorites. The Raptors dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.0 and a free throw rate of 0.149. The Kings were 21.0 and 0.096, respectively, for those same stats. In the loss, Randolph had a double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds.
Sacramento Kings vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank ninth in assists per game (23.1) while the Kings rank 26th (20.5).
- Sacramento ranks 19th in second chance points per game (11.8) while Toronto ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- Toronto ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (48.7) while Sacramento ranks 18th (42.3).
- Sacramento is 5-8-3 ATS on the road with 9 overs, 6 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Toronto is 6-5 ATS with 7 overs and 4 unders.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Toronto is 8-2 and Sacramento is 4-2.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Raptors are 18-4 and the Kings are 5-4.
- The Raptors rank eighth in steals per game (8.5) while the Kings rank 21st in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Toronto ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (31.6) while Sacramento ranks last (22.1).
- The Raptors rank first in points off turnovers per game (19.9) while the Kings rank 22nd (15.5).
- The Raptors rank 23rd in rebounds per game (41.8) while the Kings rank 27th (40.0).
- Toronto ranks fifth in fast break points per game (14.7) while Sacramento ranks 25th (8.6).
- Toronto is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Raptors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 8.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 98.6 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average).