The Phoenix Suns (19-59) and the Sacramento Kings (25-53) clash at Talking Stick Resort Arena. The Suns will attempt to snap their 15-game losing streak. The game will air on NBC Sports – California at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
Sacramento Kings at Phoenix Suns Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Suns were beaten by the Golden State Warriors, 117-107, while the Kings barely escaped the Los Angeles Lakers, 84-83.
The Kings had 9 steals and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.0 (above their season average of 21.4). Phoenix, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (14-16; 87.5 percent). Phoenix received a boost from Josh Jackson, who recorded 22 points and five assists. Buddy Hield, meanwhile had a good game for Sacramento, recording 19 points.
It will be a battle of conflicting tempos as the up-and-down Suns (ranked third in the NBA in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Kings (27th in possessions per game).
Kings games have a slight tendency to go over the total (50.0 percent). Sacramento heads into the contest with records of 25-53 straight up (SU) and 37-38-3 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Sacramento, just over half of Suns games have finished under the O/U total. Moreover, Phoenix owns records of 19-59 SU and 35-41-2 ATS.
The Kings’ Hield has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 18.0 points and 1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Jackson has averaged 20.6 points, 3.4 assists and 2.2 steals during that same time frame for the Suns.
The Suns lead the season series two games to one. The two teams combined to score 212 points in their most recent game, which was just over the projected point total of 210.5. Phoenix won 111-101, covering as a 3-point underdog. Phoenix had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.6 vs. 20.5). Sacramento, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (19-23; 82.6 percent). T.J. Warren put up a double-double in the victory with 26 points and 10 rebounds.
Sacramento Kings vs. Phoenix Suns Betting Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Kings are 25th in the NBA with 21.6 assists per game while the Suns are 29th with 21.1 assists per game.
- Sacramento averages 7.9 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Phoenix ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Kings rank 12th in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while the Suns rank 28th (6.0).
- Phoenix ranks 11th in rebounds per game (43.9) while Sacramento ranks 26th (40.8).
- Sacramento ranks 18th in fast break points allowed per game (12.2) while Phoenix ranks 29th (14.8).
- The Kings rank sixth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.2) while the Suns rank 25th (47.4).
- The Suns rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (29.1) while the Kings rank 28th (31.7).
- Sacramento ranks 12th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7) while Phoenix ranks 29th (18.8).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Sacramento is 16-5 and Phoenix is 6-2.
- The Suns are 15-34 when they reach 100 points, while the Kings are 17-21.
- Phoenix is 13-24-1 ATS at home, while Sacramento is 19-16-3 ATS on the road.
- In 38 road games, the Kings have 19 overs, 18 unders and 1 push.
- Of the Suns’ 38 home games, they have 19 unders, 18 overs and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Sacramento and Phoenix have both had 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Kings are 2-3.
- The Suns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 9.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 94.6 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average).