The Sacramento Kings (13-33), who are currently on an eight-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they travel to Amway Center to go head-to-head against the Orlando Magic (14-32). Orlando opened as a 6-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 213 points. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Sacramento Kings at Orlando Magic Free Preview
In the Kings last contest, they were beaten by the Charlotte Hornets, 112-107. Sacramento’s Willie Cauley-Stein put up 11 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Charlotte did a great job of making free throws (20-25; 80.0 percent). Sacramento, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 6.3 (better than their season average of 13.2).
The Magic come in on a high note after beating the Boston Celtics in their last outing, 103-95. Orlando was lifted by Aaron Gordon, who had 11 points and 13 rebounds. Orlando played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 13.0) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.3 (above their season average of 20.3). For those same stats, Boston was 14.1 and 26.2, respectively.
Conflicting tempos will be on display in this showdown. Orlando has preferred to play up-tempo (eighth in possessions per game), while Sacramento has been more half-court-oriented (25th in possessions per game).
Of Sacramento’s 45 games with betting action, 23 have finished over the projected point total, while 26 of Orlando’s 46 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have dreadful straight up (SU) records (13-33 for Sacramento; 14-32 for Orlando), but the Magic have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Orlando is 19-26-1 ATS, while the Kings are 17-25-3.
Cauley-Stein has been playing at a high level recently for Sacramento, averaging 16.6 points, 9.6 rebounds and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Kings won 120-115. Sacramento’s 0.195 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Orlando, who had a rate of 0.122.
Sacramento Kings at Orlando Magic ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Kings rank 11th in second chance points allowed per game (11.7) while the Magic rank 26th (13.6).
- Sacramento averages 8.4 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Orlando ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Orlando ranks 12th in blocks per game (4.9) while Sacramento ranks 25th (4.0).
- On the road, Sacramento is 8-13-3 ATS with 12 unders, 11 overs and 1 push.
- Orlando is 7-13 ATS at home with 12 unders and 8 overs.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Sacramento is 8-4 and Orlando is 7-3.
- The Magic are 14-17 when they reach 100 points, while the Kings are 9-11.
- The Kings rank 19th in rebounds allowed per game (43.7) while the Magic rank last (46.0).
- Orlando ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (26.6) while Sacramento ranks 26th (31.4).
- The Kings rank 12th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.0) while the Magic rank last (49.6).
- The Magic rank 12th in fast break points per game (12.3) while the Kings rank 18th in fast break points allowed per game (12.1).
- Orlando ranks ninth in assists per game (23.3) while Sacramento ranks 27th (20.9).
- Orlando is 5-0 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Magic have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Orlando has been defeated by an average of 5.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 98.6 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (4.8 above their season average).