The Oklahoma City Thunder (23-20) will be at home in Chesapeake Energy Arena when they meet the Sacramento Kings (13-29). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 209.5 points with Oklahoma City opening as an 11.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings at Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Preview
The Kings got blown out by the Los Angeles Clippers in their last outing, 126-105. Willie Cauley-Stein had a solid performance for Sacramento, leading the team in scoring with 23 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Los Angeles did a terrific job of making free throws (22-26; 84.6 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, held the Clippers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.6 (below their season average of 23.8).
In the Thunder’s last game, they beat the Charlotte Hornets, 101-91. Oklahoma City received a boost from Russell Westbrook, who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 10-for-27 shooting. The Thunder had 8 steals and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.7 (above their season average of 27.0).
Oklahoma City should have an advantage on the offensive glass in this battle. The Thunder rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.1 percent), while Sacramento ranks 20th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.6 percent).
Of Sacramento’s 42 games, 22 have finished over the projected point total, while 25 of Oklahoma City’s 43 games have finished under the projected point total. The Thunder have the superior straight up (SU) record (23-20 vs. 13-29), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Oklahoma City is 16-26-1, while Sacramento is 16-23-3 ATS.
Bogdan Bogdanovic has been exceptional over the last five games for Sacramento, averaging 15.8 points and 4.2 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 180 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 202.5. The Kings won 94-86, covering as 10.5-point underdogs. Sacramento had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.525 vs. 0.395). Oklahoma City, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 21.4). In the victory, Buddy Hield led all scorers with 21 points.
Sacramento Kings at Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank second in second chance points per game (14.4) while the Kings rank 19th (11.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (28.8) while Sacramento ranks 29th (22.4).
- Oklahoma City ranks ninth in assists allowed per game (21.8) while Sacramento ranks 25th (24.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.1) while Sacramento ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Sacramento is 7-12-3 ATS on the road with 11 overs, 10 unders and 1 push.
- Oklahoma City is 8-12-1 ATS at home with 12 unders and 9 overs.
- Sacramento is 8-3 when they allow below 100 points, while Oklahoma City is 15-5.
- When reaching the century mark, the Thunder are 20-9 and the Kings are 9-9.
- The Thunder rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.6) while the Kings rank 18th (43.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in fast break points per game (14.1) while Sacramento ranks 25th (9.4).
- The Thunder average 9.4 steals per game, which ranks first in the league. The Kings rank 19th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- The Thunder rank fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.5) while the Kings rank 12th (43.0).
- Oklahoma City ranks seventh in points off turnovers per game (18.1) while Sacramento ranks 25th (15.1).
- Oklahoma City is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Thunder have been outscored by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Oklahoma City has defeated opponents by an average of 3.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (4.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.2 points per game (3.4 above their season average).