Pacific Division foes will battle when the Los Angeles Lakers (12-27) clash with the Sacramento Kings (13-26) at Staples Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 212.5 points with Los Angeles opening as a 6.5-point favorite. Action starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Sacramento Kings at Los Angeles Lakers Betting Preview
In the Kings last game, they lost to the San Antonio Spurs, 107-100. Sacramento’s Willie Cauley-Stein put together a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting. San Antonio had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 12.7). Sacramento, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (12-16; 75.0 percent).
The Lakers will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Atlanta Hawks in their last outing, 132-113. Los Angeles was led by Lonzo Ball, who had 13 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. The Lakers had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.651 (above their season average of 0.500) and had a free throw rate of 0.233 (above their season average of 0.182).
Contrasting styles will be on display in this battle. Los Angeles has preferred a fast-paced style of play (first in possessions per game), while Sacramento has been slower-paced (27th in possessions per game).
Of Sacramento’s 38 games with betting action, 19 have finished over the projected point total, while 22 of Los Angeles 39 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have disastrous straight up (SU) records (13-26 for Sacramento; 12-27 for Los Angeles), but the Lakers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Los Angeles is 18-21 ATS, while the Kings are 16-19-3.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 215 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 204.5. The Kings won 113-102, covering as 1-point underdogs. The Kings played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.3 and a turnover percentage of 15.7. The Lakers had marks of 10.5 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats. Zach Randolph had a stellar game, with 22 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
Sacramento Kings vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Kings rank 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.6) while the Lakers rank last (5.9).
- Los Angeles ranks fourth in second chance points per game (14.3) while Sacramento ranks 20th (11.5).
- Sacramento ranks 10th in points allowed in the paint per game (42.3) while Los Angeles ranks last (50.1).
- Los Angeles ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while Sacramento ranks 29th (22.5).
- Sacramento is 7-10-3 ATS on the road, while Los Angeles is 9-12 ATS at home.
- The Kings have 10 overs, 9 unders and 1 push in 20 road games.
- Of the Lakers 21 home games, they have 13 overs and 8 unders.
- When allowing below 100 points, Sacramento is 8-2 and Los Angeles is 5-3.
- The Lakers are 12-15 when they reach the century mark, while the Kings are 9-7.
- The Lakers rank eighth in assists per game (23.3) while the Kings rank 26th (20.8).
- Los Angeles ranks third in rebounds per game (46.2) while Sacramento ranks 28th (40.2).
- The Kings rank ninth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.2) while the Lakers rank last (19.6).
- The Kings rank 11th in steals per game (7.9) while the Lakers rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Los Angeles ranks second in fast break points per game (16.5) while Sacramento ranks 23rd (8.9).
- Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Lakers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 4.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 102.8 points per game (5.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.2 points per game (6.0 above their season average).