Pacific Division foes will collide when the Los Angeles Clippers (13-19) meet the Sacramento Kings (11-21) at Staples Center. Los Angeles opened as a 5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 204.5 points. Action begins at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 26, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Sacramento Kings vs. Los Angeles Clippers Odds Preview
In the Kings last outing, they lost to the San Antonio Spurs, 108-99. Sacramento’s Willie Cauley-Stein contributed 22 points and 11 rebounds in the game. San Antonio did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (9-11; 81.8 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, held the Spurs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.5 (below their season average of 24.2).
The Clippers are hoping for a better outcome after their 115-112 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies in their last matchup. Austin Rivers was the top scorer from either team with 38 points on 14-for-20 shooting. Memphis had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 (above their season average of 20.5). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.511).
Los Angeles figures to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this showdown. The Clippers are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking ninth in offensive rebounding percentage at 23.7 percent. Meanwhile, Sacramento ranks 27th in the league at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.8 percent.
There does not appear to be a trend for either of these teams in terms of going over or under the O/U total. The Clippers come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 13-19 SU and 16-15-1 ATS, while the Kings are 11-21 SU and 14-15-3 ATS.
DeAndre Jordan has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Los Angeles, averaging 18.0 rebounds and 12.8 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 192 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 203. The Clippers won 97-95, but were unable to cover as 4.5-point favorites. The Clippers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.150 and a turnover percentage of 15.7. The Kings were 0.096 and 17.1, respectively, for those same stats. Blake Griffin scored a game-high 33 points.
Sacramento Kings vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Clippers rank 17th in points off turnovers per game (16.5) while the Kings rank 26th (14.8).
- Los Angeles averages 14.0 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Sacramento ranks 13th in second chance points allowed per game (12.1).
- Sacramento averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 18th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Sacramento ranks 27th in assists per game (20.5) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (20.3).
- On the road, Sacramento is 7-9-3 ATS with 9 overs, 9 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Los Angeles is 7-7 ATS with 7 overs, 6 unders and 1 push.
- Los Angeles is 8-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Sacramento is 6-2.
- When reaching the century mark, the Clippers are 11-12 and the Kings are 7-4.
- The Clippers rank fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.8) while the Kings rank 12th (42.1).
- Los Angeles ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while Sacramento ranks 29th (22.3).
- The Kings rank 11th in fast break points allowed per game (10.6) while the Clippers rank 25th (13.4).
- The Kings rank 19th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Clippers rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Los Angeles ranks 15th in rebounds per game (43.4) while Sacramento ranks 27th (40.0).
- Los Angeles is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Clippers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 98.6 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average).