The Sacramento Kings (3-10) can put an end to a seven-game road losing streak when they square off against the Atlanta Hawks (2-12) at Philips Arena. Atlanta opened as a 3.5-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 205 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings vs. Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview
The Kings got blown out by the Washington Wizards in their last contest, 110-92. With 16 points on 5-for-9 shooting, George Hill led Sacramento in scoring. Washington had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (above their season average of 23.6). Sacramento, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 11.7).
The last time the Hawks played, they were dismantled by the New Orleans Pelicans, 106-105. Kent Bazemore was Atlanta’s high scorer with 22 points on 7-for-15 shooting. New Orleans had a better free throw rate (0.147 vs. 0.092). Atlanta, on the other hand, forced the Pelicans into a turnover percentage of 18.7 (above their season average of 14.3).
Opposite paces will be on display in this showdown. Atlanta has preferred to play up-tempo (ninth in possessions per game), while Sacramento has been more half-court-oriented (28th in possessions per game).
Of Sacramento’s 13 games, seven have finished under the projected point total, while 7 of Atlanta’s 14 games have finished over the projected point total. The Kings hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (3-10 vs. 2-12), but the Hawks have been superior against the spread (ATS) (6-7-1 vs. 4-8-1).
Dewayne Dedmon has been on fire over the last five games for Atlanta, averaging 13.8 points and 8.6 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after splitting two games last season. In the last matchup, the Kings won 108-107. Sacramento’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Kings had eight offensive rebounds and 39 total rebounds, while the Hawks had three and 37, respectively.
Sacramento Kings vs. Atlanta Hawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hawks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Over
- The Hawks rank 17th in second chance points per game (11.4) while the Kings rank 29th in second chance points allowed per game (15.2).
- Atlanta ranks 23rd in points in the paint per game (40.6) while Sacramento ranks 26th (39.2).
- Atlanta ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while Sacramento ranks last (21.8).
- Sacramento is 1-6-1 ATS on the road, while Atlanta is 2-2 ATS at home.
- In 8 road games, the Kings have 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Of the Hawks’ 4 home games, they have 3 overs and 1 under.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Sacramento is 2-1 and Atlanta is 0-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Kings are 1-3 and the Hawks are 2-8.
- The Kings average 20.2 assists per game, which ranks 20th in the NBA. The Hawks rank last in assists allowed per game (25.9).
- Atlanta ranks seventh in points off turnovers per game (19.1) while Sacramento ranks 26th (13.8).
- The Hawks rank third in steals per game (9.3) while the Kings rank 19th (7.6).
- The Hawks average 41.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 24th in the league. The Kings rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (46.8).
- Sacramento ranks third in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Atlanta ranks 16th (5.0).
- Atlanta is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 97.0 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average).