The San Antonio Spurs (46-34), 13-point favorites, welcome the Sacramento Kings (26-54) to AT&T Center to begin Western Conference play. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 198.5 points and it will air on NBC Sports – California at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, April 9, 2018.
Sacramento Kings at San Antonio Spurs ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Spurs beat the Portland Trail Blazers 116-105, while the Kings edged the Memphis Grizzlies 94-93.
The Kings held the Grizzlies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.476 (below the 0.545 mark opponents have averaged against Sacramento this season) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (above their season average of 21.4). Meanwhile, San Antonio played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 11.9) and a free throw rate of 0.179 (matching their season average). Portland put up marks of 12.3 and 0.114, respectively, for those same stats. LaMarcus Aldridge had a good game for San Antonio with 28 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Willie Cauley-Stein had a solid performance for Sacramento, recording 18 points and eight rebounds.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the leagues slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. San Antonio ranks 29th in possessions per game (96.8) and Sacramento is 28th (97.4). Furthermore, the 29th-ranked offense of the Kings (offensive efficiency of 101.7) will face a tough challenge against the fourth-ranked defense of the Spurs (defensive efficiency of 102.9).
Vegas has been spot on when setting the total of Kings games, with an even split between overs and unders. Sacramento heads into the contest with records of 26-54 straight up (SU) and 37-40-3 against the spread (ATS).
Just over half of Spurs games have also finished under the total. Moreover, San Antonio is 46-34 SU and 41-35-4 ATS.
The Kings Cauley-Stein has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 14.6 points and 7.2 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Aldridge has averaged 24.8 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.0 blocks during that same time frame for the Spurs.
The Spurs have won all three contests against the Kings this year. The two teams combined for 211 points in their most recent game, which was over the projected point total of 198. San Antonio won 113-98, covering as a 12-point favorite. San Antonio’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Spurs had 13 offensive rebounds and 52 total rebounds, while the Kings had six and 34, respectively. De’Aaron Fox scored a game-high 26 points.
Sacramento Kings vs. San Antonio Spurs ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- San Antonio ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.5) while Sacramento ranks 26th (31.4).
- The Spurs rank 15th in assists per game (22.9) while the Kings rank 25th (21.6).
- Sacramento ranks ninth in steals per game (7.9) while San Antonio ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- The Spurs rank fourth in blocks per game (5.7) while the Kings rank 23rd (4.2).
- The Spurs average 13.2 second chance points per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Kings rank 10th in second chance points allowed per game (11.6).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.3) while Sacramento ranks 28th (40.8).
- San Antonio is 31-10 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Sacramento is 17-6.
- The Spurs are 36-14 when they reach 100 points, while the Kings are 17-21.
- Sacramento is 19-18-3 ATS on the road, while San Antonio is 26-13-1 ATS at home.
- Of the Kings 40 road games, they have 20 unders, 19 overs and 1 push.
- In 40 home games, the Spurs have 20 overs and 20 unders.
- The Spurs are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Kings are 2-3.
- In their last five games, San Antonio has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Sacramento has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Spurs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 94.2 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 98.2 points per game (8.0 below their season average).