The Philadelphia 76ers (14-15) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they square off with the Sacramento Kings (9-20). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 207 points with Philadelphia opening as an 8.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Preview
The last time the Kings played, they lost to the Toronto Raptors, 108-93. Sacramento’s Bogdan Bogdanovic had 18 points and five assists in the game. Toronto did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (23-28; 82.1 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, made 11 of their 26 three pointers (42.3 percent).
The 76ers are hoping for a better outcome after their 117-115 loss to the Chicago Bulls in their last game. With 19 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists, Philadelphia’s Ben Simmons had a solid outing. Chicago had a better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 16.8). Philadelphia, on the other hand, held the Bulls to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.6 (below their season average of 20.2).
It will be a showdown of opposite paces as the fast-paced 76ers (ranked second in the NBA in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Kings (27th in possessions per game).
Of Sacramento’s 29 games, 14 have finished over the projected point total, while 15 of Philadelphia’s 28 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the 76ers have a substantial advantage. They are 14-15 SU and 16-12 ATS, while the Kings are 9-20 SU and 12-14-3 ATS.
Dario Saric has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 14.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 217 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 207.5. The Kings won 109-108, covering as 6.5-point underdogs. The Kings 7.9 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the 76ers, who had a rate of 14.7. Zach Randolph had a stellar game, with 20 points and seven rebounds.
Sacramento Kings at Philadelphia 76ers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The 76ers rank 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.2) while the Kings rank last (22.3).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (47.7) while Sacramento ranks 18th (42.1).
- Sacramento ranks 11th in steals per game (8.2) while Philadelphia ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (9.1).
- Philadelphia ranks 22nd in points off turnovers per game (15.7) while Sacramento ranks 25th (15.1).
- On the road, Sacramento is 5-9-3 ATS with 9 overs, 7 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Philadelphia is 8-6 ATS with 8 unders and 6 overs.
- Philadelphia is 4-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Sacramento is 4-2.
- The 76ers are 13-10 when they score more than 100 points, while the Kings are 5-4.
- The 76ers rank second in second chance points per game (15.0) while the Kings rank 18th (11.7).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (48.8) while Sacramento ranks 27th (39.7).
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (26.6) while the Kings rank 26th (20.7).
- The 76ers rank 20th in fast break points per game (9.4) while the Kings rank 26th (8.4).
- Sacramento ranks seventh in blocks allowed per game (4.3) while Philadelphia ranks 29th (5.9).
- Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The 76ers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.4, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 98.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.0 points per game (0.4 above their season average).