The New Orleans Pelicans (27-22) will be at home in Smoothie King Center when they clash against the Sacramento Kings (15-34). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 30, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings at New Orleans Pelicans Free Preview
In the Kings last game, they fell to the San Antonio Spurs, 113-98. With 26 points on 8-for-15 shooting, De’Aaron Fox was the games high scorer. San Antonio won the rebounding battle. The Spurs had 13 offensive rebounds and 52 total rebounds, while the Kings had six and 34, respectively.
The Pelicans are trying to rebound after their 112-103 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers in their last matchup. Anthony Davis was New Orleans high scorer with 25 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Los Angeles had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (21.6 vs. 15.2). New Orleans, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (18-25; 72.0 percent).
It will be a battle of contrasting tempos as the up-tempo Pelicans (ranked second in the league in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Kings (26th in possessions per game).
Of Sacramento’s 49 games, 25 have finished over the projected point total, while 29 of New Orleans 49 games have finished over the O/U total. The Pelicans hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 27-22 SU and 26-23 ATS, while the Kings are 15-34 SU and 20-26-3 ATS.
These two teams have already met twice this year, each winning once. Zach Randolph recorded 35 points and 13 rebounds in the most recent contest, in which the Kings, who were 9.5-point underdogs, beat the Pelicans 116-109. The two teams combined for 225 points, which was 17 points above the projected point total of 208 points. The Kings dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.552. The Pelicans had marks of 16.7 and 0.517, respectively, for those same stats.
Sacramento Kings at New Orleans Pelicans ATS Prediction
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Over
- The Pelicans rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (29.5) while the Kings rank 28th in three pointers allowed per game (31.3).
- New Orleans ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while Sacramento ranks 10th (4.6).
- New Orleans ranks 16th in rebounds per game (43.2) while Sacramento ranks 29th (40.1).
- Sacramento is 11-14-3 ATS on the road, while New Orleans is 11-13 ATS at home.
- The Kings have 14 unders, 13 overs and 1 push in 28 road games.
- In 24 home games, the Pelicans have 17 overs and 7 unders.
- New Orleans is 8-1 when they allow less than 100 points, while Sacramento is 10-4.
- The Pelicans are 25-15 when they score above 100 points, while the Kings are 10-11.
- The Pelicans rank 10th in fast break points per game (12.7) while the Kings rank 21st in fast break points allowed per game (12.2).
- New Orleans ranks second in assists per game (26.4) while Sacramento ranks 27th (20.9).
- The Kings rank eighth in steals per game (8.2) while the Pelicans rank 26th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Kings average 15.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 23rd in the league. The Pelicans rank 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.9).
- New Orleans ranks second in points in the paint per game (50.0) while Sacramento ranks 19th (42.8).
- New Orleans is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pelicans average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.8, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 97.4 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.6 points per game (2.9 below their season average).