The New Orleans Pelicans (13-12) will be at home in Smoothie King Center when they go head-to-head with the Sacramento Kings (7-17). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 8, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings at New Orleans Pelicans Free Preview
The Kings fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers in their last contest, 101-95. Zach Randolph had a solid performance for Sacramento, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 8-for-20 shooting. Cleveland had a better free throw rate (0.167 vs. 0.081). Sacramento, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 14.7).
In the Pelicans last matchup, they defeated the Denver Nuggets, 123-114. With 40 points on 12-for-25 shooting, DeMarcus Cousins was the games leading scorer. New Orleans played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.221 (above their season average of 0.186) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.8 (above their season average of 20.2). Denver recorded marks of 0.170 and 20.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The sharp-shooting offense of New Orleans will go head-to-head against the porous defense of Sacramento. The Pelicans rank fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while the Kings are 30th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.553). The Pelicans figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Of Sacramento’s 24 games, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 14 of New Orleans 25 games have finished over the projected point total. The Pelicans come into this game with a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 13-12 SU and 14-11 ATS, while the Kings are 7-17 SU and 10-11-3 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Kings, it’s been Randolph, who has averaged 17.0 points and 7.6 rebounds, while the Pelicans have received solid contributions from Jrue Holiday (22.6 points and 4.8 assists).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 220 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 204. The Pelicans won 114-106, covering as 1-point underdogs. New Orleans had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 vs. 11.9). Sacramento, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (23-25; 92.0 percent). Cousins recorded a double-double with 41 points and 23 rebounds.
Sacramento Kings at New Orleans Pelicans Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Over
- The Kings rank 10th in steals per game (8.3) while the Pelicans rank 27th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- New Orleans ranks 14th in rebounds per game (44.0) while Sacramento ranks 28th (39.4).
- New Orleans ranks second in points in the paint per game (51.7) while Sacramento ranks 18th (41.9).
- New Orleans ranks 12th in second chance points per game (12.7) while Sacramento ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.4).
- Sacramento is 4-7-3 ATS on the road with 7 overs, 6 unders and 1 push.
- At home, New Orleans is 6-6 ATS with 7 overs and 5 unders.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, New Orleans is 4-0 and Sacramento is 3-2.
- The Kings are 4-4 when they reach 100 points, while the Pelicans are 11-7.
- The Kings rank 12th in fast break points allowed per game (10.6) while the Pelicans rank 27th (14.0).
- New Orleans ranks second in assists per game (26.2) while Sacramento ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- The Pelicans rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (30.2) while the Kings rank last (21.3).
- The Kings rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while the Pelicans rank ninth (4.3).
- Sacramento ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.0) while New Orleans ranks 21st (18.4).
- New Orleans is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Pelicans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.6, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 100.6 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average).