The Sacramento Kings (13-31), who are currently riding a six-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they head to FedExForum to clash against the Memphis Grizzlies (15-28). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, January 19, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Kings were beaten by the Utah Jazz in their last outing, 120-105. Sacramento’s Willie Cauley-Stein had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 26 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Utah had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 13.2). Sacramento, on the other hand, held the Jazz to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.6 (below the 23.7 mark opponents have averaged against Sacramento this season).
The last time the Grizzlies played, they topped the New York Knicks, 105-99. With 23 points on 9-for-21 shooting, Tyreke Evans was the top scorer from either team. Memphis dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 13.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.505 (above their season average of 0.502). New York was 13.2 and 0.470, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams clash. Memphis currently ranks 30th in possessions per game (95.6) and Sacramento is 25th (97.1).
Of Sacramento’s 44 games, 23 have finished over the O/U total, while 26 of Memphis 43 games have finished under the projected point total. The Grizzlies have the superior straight up (SU) record (15-28 vs. 13-31), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Memphis is 17-24-2, while Sacramento is 17-24-3 ATS.
Bogdan Bogdanovic has really been playing well over the last five games for Sacramento, averaging 16.6 points and 3.6 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 210 points, well over the projected point total of 192. The Grizzlies won 114-96, covering as 2-point underdogs. Memphis free throw rate was their largest strength over Sacramento. The Grizzlies had a rate of 0.237, while the Kings posted a mark of 0.151. Evans was the games leading scorer with 26 points.
Sacramento Kings at Memphis Grizzlies ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank ninth in three pointers allowed per game (27.7) while the Kings rank 26th (31.2).
- Memphis ranks 14th in points off turnovers per game (16.9) while Sacramento ranks 25th (15.0).
- Memphis ranks seventh in fast break points per game (13.7) while Sacramento ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (12.0).
- Memphis is 9-13-1 ATS at home, while Sacramento is 8-12-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 16 of the Grizzlies 23 home games, while 11 of the Kings 23 road games have gone over.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Memphis is 10-9 and Sacramento is 8-4.
- The Kings are 9-10 when they reach the century mark, while the Grizzlies are 10-9.
- The Grizzlies rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (40.0) while the Kings rank 12th (43.3).
- Memphis ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.3) while Sacramento ranks 24th (4.0).
- The Grizzlies rank fifth in assists allowed per game (20.9) while the Kings rank 24th (24.2).
- The Grizzlies rank 28th in rebounds per game (40.2) while the Kings rank 29th (40.1).
- Memphis ranks third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while Sacramento ranks 21st (8.2).
- Memphis is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Grizzlies have outscored opponents by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Memphis has lost by an average of 2.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 99.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.2 points per game (5.3 above their season average).